What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recipe I used for reference called for CaraFoam instead of CaraPils but I already had a bunch of CaraPils

pretty much same thing aside from brand

HBTwo Heartedish

C01ED78D-8C1F-43BC-A9C4-44951C1EC563.jpeg

Classic American Vienna (x2)

image.jpg

Yep, about 12min from JK. Not my fav tho, great for trading!

yeah, JK isn’t my favorite either (or sours in general) but they have a nice venue and it’s a good place to go if you wanna change it up

SO happy PhP started distribution for EJ!! Never know, when all this crap ends we'll have to celebrate somewhere. Most here are East or West coast.

Sounds good to me. would be cool to meet other home brewers in the area. East coast here. Moved from Pitt about 2 years ago, hbu?

...from Pitt about 2 years ago, hbu?

We moved in 1994 from Santa Cruz, Ca. Got a job after college (BSEET, DeVry Phoenix) there in 1988. Childhood was all over but born in Lincoln, Ne and spent every summer with both sets of grandparents there so I call it home. Lived in Santa Cruz are off/on as a young child, Reno, Maui, South Lake Tahoe and graduated HS in a small town in the Sierra Nevada foothills Twain Harte-Sonora area.

OT.. Oktoberfest action (technically a festbier)

IMG_20200731_121049.jpg

It'll add some hazy and some mouthfeel. Its believed that Treehouse uses a bit of Hefe in their IPAs.
I've heard that rumor. Have you tried their hazys? I have not been able too yet. Any thoughts on what other yeast they blend with the hefe? Also kinda curious if a saison yeast would work? Possibly even a wit?

I've heard that rumor. Have you tried their hazys? I have not been able too yet. Any thoughts on what other yeast they blend with the hefe? Also kinda curious if a saison yeast would work? Possibly even a wit?
I've had a lot of their beers in trades and they are phenomenal if you like hazys. I'm not sure of it's validity but this link appears to have some good info about their yeast blend. Julius IPA Clone (no longer a work in progress) - Inspired by Treehouse Brewing - Trinity Brewers Collab

According to the article the yeast blend is like this:
92% S-04
5% T58
3% WB06

I've never tried it myself but it could be a fun experiment.

View attachment 691811
Brewing a Raspberry Hibiscus Saison. Brewed it earlier this year and it turned out great!

Sounds like something @TwistedGray would make. Sounds delicious. And YES, TG, roads are winding but not like HWY9 in the Santa Cruz Mountains. How often do you head up to that area?

Had to get ice. Noticed 1st Oktoberfest out. Not the best, this taste a lot like, you know, beer.
IMG_20200731_124137.jpg

Sounds like something @TwistedGray would make. Sounds delicious. And YES, TG, roads are winding but not like HWY9 in the Santa Cruz Mountains. How often do you head up to that area?

The raspberry crop was too small this year, so I just picked as they ripened. The blackberry might work though (blackberry hibiscus something...usually start making ciders around Aug/Sept).

Back when I still rode often, we'd hit up the SCM about once every other month and the Sierras passes (49 ("the little dragon"), 4, 108, 89(?), etc) once or twice a year. There's an amazing roller coaster road on the Nevada side of 395 (and a burger joint we'd hit up - I think Cali side) as well. We'd usually stitch a 2-3 day ride together; however, it's been the better part of a decade since I've done that. Everyone I ride/rode with has a solid 20-30yrs on me, so while I age quick they age quicker...and some started families, blah blah blah.

OT: Plantain leaf / Blueberry tea (beers in the fridge)

Maple coffee stout from @JCasey1992
Lots of coffee with a maple background. Easy drinker!View attachment 691887
Glad you like it! I was a little concerned about that one due to the fact that finished with a slightly higher gravity than I was expecting. Fortunately, it appears that it didn't turn out too sweet.

Glad you like it! I was a little concerned about that one due to the fact that finished with a slightly higher gravity than I was expecting. Fortunately, it appears that it didn't turn out too sweet.
It did not the maple was subtle the coffee was Stronger

Back