What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Irish stout. I’ve been trying for years to clone Guinness Draught and this still isn’t it. Oh well... I’ll enjoy this 5 gallons regardless.
Sláinte

643B812C-CA5D-48E3-881F-FABD963047D3.jpeg

This local saison and my comet IPA sample before pitching yeast View attachment 643526View attachment 643527

Brew where you pooh? Or brew while you pooh? Oh the options

HB Irish stout. I’ve been trying for years to clone Guinness Draught and this still isn’t it. Oh well... I’ll enjoy this 5 gallons regardless.
Sláinte

View attachment 643528

Email them, ask for advice; they probably won't reply, but what do you have to lose.

Bottling day (red IPA secondary fermented for week with pineapple) gave me an excuse for a beer before midday, one of the red IPA half batch bottled a week ago before secondary fermenting other half, and already tasting the business... and looks like I've got carbonation about right by my third brew, so happy with that too...

red-ipa.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is not the forum but can you brew keg masters PM with some pointers. Ditching bottles as much as possible, wanna drink sooner and more often lol.

I call this game Drink From Can
@jimyson - let me know if you wanna make the wife happy; I can get this regularly (I think...so it seems).
View attachment 643492

Yeah, I’d be up for a 12 pack or so once I get some other beer out. Maybe in a month or two if it’s still available. I owe @TBC still and we have a FotD coming up.

I know this is not the forum but can you brew keg masters PM with some pointers. Ditching bottles as much as possible, wanna drink sooner and more often lol.
Kegging is the only way to fly in my opinion. You can still fill bottles or growlers too if you want to transport or trade. I’m sure a few of us can get you headed in the right direction. But, just like all other aspects of brewing, you’ll find a lot of us have different rigs and opinions.

Email them, ask for advice; they probably won't reply, but what do you have to lose.
Well... I got a response from Guinness and to no surprise here is their reply...
“While we appreciate your interest in our product, it is our policy not to provide proprietary information to external parties for private or commercial purposes.”

Sláinte

View attachment 643528
Part of it might be fact that they use a small portion of soured beer from a previous batch to get the unique flavor. That's what I read in Mosher"s Radical Brewing book.

Part of it might be fact that they use a small portion of soured beer from a previous batch to get the unique flavor. That's what I read in Mosher"s Radical Brewing book.
I do that too. I’ll keep trying. I know it’s the perfect combination of ingredients, water chemistry and techniques but what they are may never be uncovered. I’ve read a lot about ingredients and their percentages, timing of the roasted barley addition, soured addition, acid addition, etc. There are a ton of ideas for sure.

Yeah, I’d be up for a 12 pack or so once I get some other beer out. Maybe in a month or two if it’s still available. I owe @TBC still and we have a FotD coming up.

Heard - holler when the time comes, and we'll see.

Well... I got a response from Guinness and to no surprise here is their reply...
“While we appreciate your interest in our product, it is our policy not to provide proprietary information to external parties for private or commercial purposes.”

I am relentless ... I'd hit them back with a follow-up over and over and over again, lol. Then I'd probably figure out the email for their head brewer and reach out separately, too. Like I said...

Did you send them your recipe?

Back