What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daddys juice! Awesome tbc and pshankstar way to help a brewther out. @PianoMan you guys hiring, damn, cant wait to see what you come up with. Also light nb lager.
20190501_185940.jpeg
20190501_192832.jpeg

Odd question but what am I missing with mango? I'm allergic and honestly have no idea what it tastes like much less what it would add to a beer but it seems to be everywhere lately.

On the other hand, my daughter finally tried some the other day and said it was amazingly tasty
In that beer not much at all. I'm not a huge mango fruit in beer fan but maybe I haven't had a good one yet. I do like the mango flavor from Mosaic and Citra.

Anyone had a molar removed? Dentist says I’ve split my #18 tooth (rear lower) needs to be removed. Scheduled for Monday. Basically on a liquid diet for a week, could stand to lose a few. Question is knockout/local anisthetic.
Had 2 wisdom teeth removed, one had a crooked root. Basicly any good dentist can numb you good. Had zero feeling on both extractions took 15min tops.

Drinking??
Wood roasted coffee from a local joint. Good stuff! Got a pound of dark roast for the Milk Stout.

Not sure, I have some starters of 1318 I made for my NEIPA that I split and saved so I thought about building one of those up and splitting again.
Are you doing a sour mash? I think you just add lactic acid covered for a few days. Mine was post mash. Added this to wort and covered for 2 days. Came out awesome. Fermented with Safale05 after boiling. Like using a clean yeast if adding fruit. Have fun!

Screenshot_2019-05-02-10-29-03.jpeg

Are you doing a sour mash? I think you just add lactic acid covered for a few days. Mine was post mash. Added this to wort and covered for 2 days. Came out awesome. Fermented with Safale05 after boiling. Like using a clean yeast if adding fruit. Have fun!

View attachment 624996
Sorry, you are correct. I'm going to get to 4.5 with lactic acid, then pitch a lacto, cover with cling wrap until I hit 3.5, boil, and then pitch the 1318

Anyone had a molar removed? Dentist says I’ve split my #18 tooth (rear lower) needs to be removed. Scheduled for Monday. Basically on a liquid diet for a week, could stand to lose a few. Question is knockout/local anisthetic.

Had an abscessed wisdom tooth last year, got gas that was supposed to relax me (not laughing gas, nothing that put me under either) and local for it. I would have rather been put under than hear them break my tooth in two and struggle to get it out, but pain wise, it wasn't terrible. And....I'm the biggest b*tch when it comes to going to the dentist and getting teeth pulled.

Looks nice...did you use malted oats in it?

I used Flaked Oats, but I’ll probably try Malted next time. I gotta give some props to @Homergah for giving me the advice that got my color on point. He said, “Boil Softly”, now I only simmer my NEIPAs for 20mins.

Hi stranger! Looking good as always.

Couple of Founder All Day IPAs, now 2019 Firestone Walker Parabola.
View attachment 625031

Nice to check in with the folks. Unfortunately work is sketchy right now, and two kids in college mean I got to cut back on trading and brewing. But I’ll be lurking. Now this all Citra Double NEIPA
m7ta1s.jpg

I’m “working from home” tomorrow, so I’m prepping the brew gear and garage for a brew session during “down time”.

Crushing one of my favs right from the can.

This beer ain’t hazy, it ain’t juicy, it’s just a really great IPA

View attachment 625044

I looked it up on Untappd it sounds good!
I’m glad you enjoy the other beer tonight too. I’ll be joking you all very soon for a drink!

I’m “working from home” tomorrow, so I’m prepping the brew gear and garage for a brew session during “down time”.

Crushing one of my favs right from the can.

This beer ain’t hazy, it ain’t juicy, it’s just a really great IPA

View attachment 625044
Buddha's Juice is pretty good too

Backstory....when this beer was 1st made out of Mankato Brewery the brewer (he is a few years older than I am) made this beer in tribute of his father who has recently passed away. He ran the small food center in my home town of Titonka Iowa. Until very recently they were only able to distribute out of Minnesota but now we can get it in Iowa. RIP John Hamilton!
0502191901.jpeg

I used Flaked Oats, but I’ll probably try Malted next time. I gotta give some props to @Homergah for giving me the advice that got my color on point. He said, “Boil Softly”, now I only simmer my NEIPAs for 20mins.

Nice to check in with the folks. Unfortunately work is sketchy right now, and two kids in college mean I got to cut back on trading and brewing. But I’ll be lurking. Now this all Citra Double NEIPA
m7ta1s.jpg
$$$$ Well spent my friend!

Lone Pint Yellow Rose..Mosaic SMaSH
20190502_183255.jpeg

Back