What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to blow it up.
IMG_4257.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG
IMG_4224.JPG

Bottle/can share with the neighbor.

Happy thirsty Thursday everyone.

Stopped at Central Coast Brewing after work tonight for a couple beers.

Their new neipa - New Cologne. A hazy, juicy, fresh pint of goodness. (also brought home a crowler of this for good measure).
IMG-0610.jpg

Followed up by a pint of Lucky Day ipa, their GABF multi award winner. A solid, highly quaffable insanely balanced ipa.
IMG-0612.jpg

Irish Stout on Nitro that I brewed in January. Making sure it pairs well (it does) with the Deli Style Rye Bread I made yesterday and Brisket I smoked last weekend after brining it in corned beef seasonings for 9 days.

View attachment 617591
Holy Crap that all sounds good! Can you give seasoning and a 9day brine details?

HB Hefe. Free Oktoberfest yeast! Nothing like a $18/5gal batch of Feistbeir! 1st lager for me..
20190315_124312.jpeg

Last edited:
Holy Crap that all sounds good! Can you give seasoning and a 9day brine details?
View attachment 617598
It is pretty tasty, thanks. I used a Corned Beef spice mix from 360flavorandspice.com and a cup of kosher sea salt since I couldn't find pink curing salt (I ended up finding the curing salt on Amazon afterwards). I dumped the whole 5 oz of spices in water along with the salt and boiled it for a little bit, then added ice and cold water to bring it down to temp so that I could toss the brisket into a storage container. I have some pics at my Prepping for St.Patrick's Day thread. Alton Brown has a recipe also.

It is pretty tasty, thanks. I used a Corned Beef spice mix from 360flavorandspice.com and a cup of kosher sea salt since I couldn't find pink curing salt (I ended up finding the curing salt on Amazon afterwards). I dumped the whole 5 oz of spices in water along with the salt and boiled it for a little bit, then added ice and cold water to bring it down to temp so that I could toss the brisket into a storage container. I have some pics at my Prepping for St.Patrick's Day thread. Alton Brown has a recipe also.
Thanks a ton! Always looking for another brisket variant.

Need to work on transfers from this thing. Have a bit of 14% mead left. Down the hatch it goes.
20190315_144227.jpeg

Back