What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!

21st amendment Back In Black.jpg

First pull of my Czech pils from the keg. Next time the protein rest and second saccharification rest will be higher, but it's good.

100% floor malted bohemian pilsner malt with a triple decoction. Most arduous brew day yet.

My sons have long given up trying to figure out what thing I want but don't already have
(hell, I can't think of anything most of the time) and instead just give me beer for birthdays :D

There are a few of these in the mix.

rogue2xchoc.jpg

The boys done good...

Cheers! :mug:

Did anyone else try the Abita Louisiana Spiced Ale? Supposed to simulate the taste of a crawfish boil (bay leaves, peppercorn, cayenne, citrus). I didn't get any of that during the first bottle, but after trying it while eating something spicy, it totally presented itself. Kind of neat.

Side by side of my Czech pilsner and Urquell. I used the Budvar yeast, so I didn't expect it to be 100% the same. Urquell is lighter, which is interesting since I used 100% floor malted bohemian pilsner malt. It's also cleaner, possibly due to me using the quick lager method. There's more hop aroma, which I attribute to the fact that I had 4 oz of Saaz on hand and wanted to use just those, even though they were only 2.1% AA, so very little was used for aroma.

Overall still happy.

View attachment 1458173567081.jpg

Foreign extra stout while I start a corned beef in 80% stout 20% water + pickling spices in the slow cooker overnight. Looking forward to a delicious boiled dinner tomorrow.

20160316_215734.jpg

Second coffee while I curse Gateway. I'm missing a system driver for win10 to upgrade. Their own tech service got cancelled, & just answer took over. They couldn't help & tell me to go to Gateway to get the driver...whom they work for? Idk what to pick for drivers, BIOS, etc & answer won't do it for me. A vicious, expensive circle...

Back