What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had ever seen @finsfan, you would know how funny this is. No offense to Ryan, but i think my left leg weighs more than him. :mug:

Offended! Reported!

Haha you should have seen me in high school. Couldn't gain any weight for the life of me. I'm more than happy to be at 190 now.

Drinking StarFloccs coffee before hitting the links today. :D

Offended! Reported!

Haha you should have seen me in high school. Couldn't gain any weight for the life of me. I'm more than happy to be at 190 now.

If I weighed 190 my knees would give up. I'm lucky to get 160, and after 20 gallons of homebrew in 3 months, I'm getting close.

I went into Boot Camp at 210. I came out 13 weeks later at 145. If I could copy my ID picture it would scare people. Sunken eye sockets and cut cheek line. You couldn't see my eyes, I looked like death lol
I had to reintroduce myself to my mom, she couldn't recognize me at all.
Still my favorite picture, all time.

I went into Boot Camp at 210. I came out 13 weeks later at 145. If I could copy my ID picture it would scare people. Sunken eye sockets and cut cheek line. You couldn't see my eyes, I looked like death lol

I went in weighing 140, and weighed 175 when I graduated BC. I was standing right in front of my mom and dad and they were still looking for me.

I'll never forget picking up my brother from the university of parris island. Didn't even recognize him.

Oh god... give me strength. I don't care which god or how much, just enough to not start murdering. I have an addictive personality and that is not a new hobby I need right now.

On the hatorade.

Transitioning from coffee to kombucha. Made another batch of kombucha this morning to add to the rotation. I'm running out before the next one is ready...and temps are rising. First day over 90F yesterday.

Offended! Reported!

Mike should have known better than to talk about a woman's weight.

Coffee. Really bad coffee.

Cherry coke.
Looks like I ****ed up and ruined a brand new brew kettle. /le sigh

One thing right...just one thing has to go right...soon.

This day is going awesome.....hahaha, just kidding, I want to drive off a bridge. But, on a good note, I'm drinking water, so yay for health...I guess. I'm already in DGAF mode and I still have over five hours and 35 years left to work.

@Remmy I think this is the first time I see you make it till noon without having a beer. Not to say that you didn't have a shower beer this morning.

Water.

Eating birthday cake and basically having a **** day. Yahoo for the birthday spent working and then attending Cub Scout meeting...which is my least favorite "kid activity" of them all.

You know you need to add water to be able to mash :drunk: :p

What did you do? Hopefully you didn't let your "friend" weld it for you, you know the over confident one.

It's not his fault. I had the heating element lined up in such a way that the hole was drilled about 1/16th too high. We considered the lip on the outside (Bayou Classic 15 gallon with spigot) but not on the inside. The nut hits the lip that protrudes outward leaving it no way to actually secure to the kettle wall. I hit it with a mallet to get it flat then realized the real issue was that lip. I take full responsibility for this one.

I realize the kettle is only $155 new, but I just don't have the funds to buy **** twice. I think the universe is being a ******.

Water. Aspirin.

My favorite kid activity as of late? Sleep

That one is always good. I despise scouts, though. I want the kid to decide it is lame without me nudging him that way. He says he wants to be in it for the camping and fishing and stuff. He is yet to camp or fish with scouts, after 2 years of it, and he and I camp and fish all the damn time. What's the point of scouts?

@Remmy I think this is the first time I see you make it till noon without having a beer. Not to say that you didn't have a shower beer his morning.

I failed myself today. Had to pick-up pops this morning. He's spending the weekend here. Gonna be a great one.

About to keg another IPA. Trying to find a cold bottle of beer.

That one is always good. I despise scouts, though. I want the kid to decide it is lame without me nudging him that way. He says he wants to be in it for the camping and fishing and stuff. He is yet to camp or fish with scouts, after 2 years of it, and he and I camp and fish all the damn time. What's the point of scouts?

Scouting provided me several opportunities in life that I would have otherwise missed out on - not related to scouting. It got me into the college I wanted to attend, landed me multiple jobs I was unqualified for (on paper) and was always a game changer in interviews. Don't deter him from scouting if it is what he wants to do, maybe find a troop that is more active or find out why his current group does so little.

Scouting provided me several opportunities in life that I would have otherwise missed out on - not related to scouting. It got me into the college I wanted to attend, landed me multiple jobs I was unqualified for (on paper) and was always a game changer in interviews. Don't deter him from scouting if it is what he wants to do, maybe find a troop that is more active or find out why his current group does so little.

I'm sure many have good experiences with scouts. For me, I'd rather poke my eye out with a spoon than go to these meetings. And I really do not know what the boy could possibly find enjoyable about them.

Still drinking water. I really just want to leave and go take a nap somewhere.

It's not his fault. I had the heating element lined up in such a way that the hole was drilled about 1/16th too high. We considered the lip on the outside (Bayou Classic 15 gallon with spigot) but not on the inside. The nut hits the lip that protrudes outward leaving it no way to actually secure to the kettle wall. I hit it with a mallet to get it flat then realized the real issue was that lip. I take full responsibility for this one.

I realize the kettle is only $155 new, but I just don't have the funds to buy **** twice. I think the universe is being a ******.

Water. Aspirin.

You could try grinding down one side of the nut enough to clear the lip, I may not be picturing it right in my head.

My parents pulled me from scouts when they found out the scout master was a pedophile. Thanks Mom!

Water.

You could try grinding down one side of the nut enough to clear the lip, I may not be picturing it right in my head.

It is this:
http://stilldragon.com/index.php/2-triclamp-weldless-bulkhead-fitting.html

The nut, as I am calling it, is the smaller part. I don't think there's enough to accomplish that. The lip itself sticks out a good 1/8th of an inch and based on what i saw, I would have to grind off where the gasket would sit. I don't know if I'd get a seal and then I'd be out another $40. Cheaper than the kettle though.

It is this:

The nut, as I am calling it, is the smaller part. I don't think there's enough to accomplish that. The lip itself sticks out a good 1/8th of an inch and based on what i saw, I would have to grind off where the gasket would sit. I don't know if I'd get a seal and then I'd be out another $40. Cheaper than the kettle though.

Nope not what I had pictured in my head. Although your could take it to a welder/brazer and have the braze that inner nut, if you could grind enough off of the nut to accomplish this. Not sure about your area but here I can get it done for ~$50.

Just throwing out ideas.

my own beer of course :D

smashed.jpg

Meh, I grew up in scouts and can say it gives the kids a belonging to a group and in theory gives kids rules for life. Thankfully, I had my last meeting of the year last night so I'm done until at least next year. There's plenty of stuff that sucks about going to meetings every week, but all in all I do it for the kid.

Happy birthday!

This. Especially being an eagle helps on resumes and applications for schools.

More cherry coke.

It is this:

So a lip on the kettle is in the way... How about modifying the kettle by bending that lip part away from where the nut needs to be. I may be picturing it wrong but I am seeing one of the kettles with the ring where it bulges in like in this picture above the valve assembly.

went to Crooked Stave for 'lunch'. Forgot my phone is the car, so maybe i didn't really go. :confused:

Couldn't talk them into selling me any of the Batch 50 before the official release tonight. They only have 100 cases, so not hopeful it will be there tomorrow. :(

back in the office on the water...

Back