What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally back home. It's miserable outside.
View attachment 272419

Had a phone interview (HR discussed pay range, I am not considering) and an in-person interview at a pretty cool company - I thought it went awesome but I am not sure I am a good fit for the environment. Check them out. http://www.bwater.com/home/our-company/company.aspx It's odd, in a good way. But not sure I fit the day-to-day culture there.

I hate going through this crap. /@hello rant :D
Considering you were just told about your job, having two interviews right away is pretty good. I say take whatever job you want or hold out as long as you can afford to.
I think you've taken the lead on the rants there, kiddo. Looks like you're going to have to nit pick something else.

Lots of water. Took dog out for a couple of miles and forgot water. Poor pup got overheated.

Considering you were just told about your job, having two interviews right away is pretty good. I say take whatever job you want or hold out as long as you can afford to.
I think you've taken the lead on the rants there, kiddo. Looks like you're going to have to nit pick something else.

Lots of water. Took dog out for a couple of miles and forgot water. Poor pup got overheated.

Interviews are always good because it means the possibilities are there for me. I've always, always interviewed the HR/SME/Hiring Manager in any company I've ever interviewed for in a similar way they've interviewed me. I essentially interview them and ask a lot of questions so that I feel comfortable before I accept the position. And I try to meet as many people as possible...because everyone hates working for or working with *****ebags. It's a two-way interview, every time I go to one. I always make sure I feel more comfortable than they do. /rant

Sadly, I'm having a water and some Tostitos.

Happy birthday to your little man. so long as he stays away from my soon to be two year old girl, we can be friends :tank:

Ha ha! Thanks. My sons love girls. My older son (4) met a girl on the beach last week...from Connecticut and she didn't speak Spanish. They got along perfectly and he pulled her on his boogie board for close to two hours. They took turns...it was crazy.

I grew up with two sisters and am glad I don't have any girls. My sons can be PITAs sometimes...but I'd rather deal with it now that they're young as compared to a girl in her teens. :rockin: No pressure. :D

Ha ha! Thanks. My sons love girls. My older son (4) met a girl on the beach last week...from Connecticut and she didn't speak Spanish. They got along perfectly and he pulled her on his boogie board for close to two hours. They took turns...it was crazy.

I grew up with two sisters and am glad I don't have any girls. My sons can be PITAs sometimes...but I'd rather deal with it now that they're young than a girl in her teens. :rockin: No pressure. :D

I was thinking that it would be bad when shes a teen, but with the way things are going now, I'm not even thinking about it. Our relationship is pretty good and I planned on carrying that over past the teenage years.
She has two older brothers, both currently teens themselves. She won't have to worry too much about 'danger' in the future. By the time she is five she will know how to field strip a MK grenade launcher and the proper techniques to butt stroke somebody with a rifle. Cause its fun to raise a daughter that will be not only strong willed, but very self reliant. Just like her mom.

I was thinking that it would be bad when shes a teen, but with the way things are going now, I'm not even thinking about it. Our relationship is pretty good and I planned on carrying that over past the teenage years.

She has two older brothers, both currently teens themselves. She won't have to worry too much about 'danger' in the future. By the time she is five she will know how to field strip a MK grenade launcher and the proper techniques to butt stroke somebody with a rifle. Cause its fun to raise a daughter that will be not only strong willed, but very self reliant. Just like her mom.

I don't even want to think about when my daughter is old enough where I have to deal with boys. The first five years have flown by so fast, it'll be here before I know it. I'll probably be the dad that sharpens his knives, shoots stuff and cleans his guns when boys come around. Just as a warning.

I don't even want to think about when my daughter is old enough where I have to deal with boys. The first five years have flown by so fast, it'll be here before I know it. I'll probably be the dad that sharpens his knives, shoots stuff and cleans his guns when boys come around. Just as a warning.

It's the stuff that would potentially happen behind your back that I think about...and would kill me. There's a little more room for error with boys, IMO.

I was worried about having that mentality before she was born. I wanted her to have some sense of freedom and was worried about being an overly protective dad. I now have the confidence knowing that I can raise her to make the right choices on her own, but can always rely on her old man on having a really good spot to hide the body if it came to that.

It's the stuff that would potentially happen behind your back that I think about...and would kill me. There's a little more room for error with boys, IMO.

With boys its different and its very much a double standard. I catch my two boys talking to girls all the time. I give them a sly look and a high five. I even had that important 'clear your browsing history' talk with them without it being awkward.

I was worried about having that mentality before she was born. I wanted her to have some sense of freedom and was worried about being an overly protective dad. I now have the confidence knowing that I can raise her to make the right choices on her own, but can always rely on her old man on having a really good spot to hide the body if it came to that.

Yeah, that's the most important thing. Raise them as good as you can and trust that they will use what you've taught them to make the right decisions.

You guys are going to make me get clipped if you keep up with this nonsense.

Haven't been around in a while! You guys are up to the same old stuff.

This post reminds me of this clip.

https://youtu.be/wg52cE6VHDs

My buddy and I did this when his daughter went out on a date. Worked very well. Even the kids father enjoyed it.

Not drinking anything. Been waaaay too long.

I've done it. Way better hop utilization.

So is that the secret to why everyone loves your homebrew? In that case, I change my mind. I don't want to try your beer.
I heard it's only suitable for making brown ale....

Depends on if you trust the cellar it was kept in. Whats the retail for a new bottle? 25-30?

I would hope The Bruery would cellar it correctly. They have a couple bottles in an archive sale this week.

Also my Belgian shipment has not been updated since it hit Chicago almost a month ago. This sucks.

I would hope The Bruery would cellar it correctly. They have a couple bottles in an archive sale this week.

Also my Belgian shipment has not been updated since it hit Chicago almost a month ago. This sucks.

Personally, Id think it was worth it. All three of the different pieces have probably intertwined with each other and mellowed into a completely different beast. I would get it just for science purposes and do a tasting between fresh and aged. But that's just me lol

Personally, Id think it was worth it. All three of the different pieces have probably intertwined with each other and mellowed into a completely different beast. I would get it just for science purposes and do a tasting between fresh and aged. But that's just me lol

Most likely. Doubt I will see a fresh bottle this year. I think I will pass and buy something else. Like 2 bottles of LC 5. :D

Man, that sucks about your box from Belgium.

So is that the secret to why everyone loves your homebrew? In that case, I change my mind. I don't want to try your beer.
I heard it's only suitable for making brown ale....

@nukebrewer likes the nasty water here for his IPAs. I do, too.

Man, that sucks about your box from Belgium.

It does. It is 30kgs so it's not like they lost it. I keep waiting to get a letter saying: We have your beer, give us money.

But I never do. I'm sure I will find out what happened to it someday.

It does. It is 30kgs so it's not like they lost it. I keep waiting to get a letter saying: We have your beer, give us money.

They will send you an empty envelope, holding what remains of the carbonation from one bottle. Every few years you will get a similar envelope, just to make you suffer it all over again.

They will send you an empty envelope, holding what remains of the carbonation from one bottle. Every few years you will get a similar envelope, just to make you suffer it all over again.

And I will shout in my best Kyle/Stan voice: You Bastards!

Just got a picture of my hops that sprouted finally, almost 12" tall. Late start after the long winter.

Water, need beer so bad.

The two great mysteries. Where is Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 and what happened to Jon's beer from Belgium? The world may never know.

More water.
Mowed and edged the front and side yards and spread weed killer. I mow and a day later the dandelions are 6" tall.
More work and a shower is in order.
Also annoyed that UPS said my package would arrive no later than end of day today, suddenly it's been in Mesquite TX since 2:30 Friday and says it'll come tomorrow. :( So much for shipping 2 day.

Latest posts

Back