What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 270650

Finally boiling. Took me a little longer than expected but seems to be going ok for first time.

Pretty happy day.

Glad all went well. Even as smacked as I got on Friday night, my brew went great. Hit OG and volume and it was chugging away merrily five hours later (and still is.)

Having this gem now. A 2011 Dark Intrigue that is probably the best beer I've had in quite a while.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1428874879.009511.jpg

Need it too after letting my son have his best friend over to play video games. They were both so locked in on the game that they didn't notice the puppy eating a six inch hole in the carpet! Friend is now back at his house and my son's life is over since he has no video games for a long time.

At least it's a great evening to grill!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1428875066.888089.jpg

Canning my ZD clone. Come at me.

0412051650.jpg

I think I've had at least one of each beer in my pipeline... Cream ale, RIS, mint stout, saison, pale ale, Cascadian dark ale, Cali common, and probably one other I can't recall. Lol

So brew day went a lot better than expected. Calculated for 65% efficiency due to the 18 lb grain bill, but wound up with 72%. My recipe also called for 2 lbs turbinado which would have put my OG at 1.094 if I'd hit 65%, but with the 72% its turned my RIS into a 1.102 monstrosity. My first 1.100+ beer to ever. Looking like it's going to wind up right at 11% ABV.

Clean up has been done for a while, but now relaxing with this while my brother makes bacon and tomato grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.

_DSC4323.jpg

Back