What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumb question for the alchy friends. If you had a very small batch fermented in a growler, do you think you could pull the bung and airlock, cap it, ship the growler, and give a buddy some beer to bottle and a fairly healthy yeast cake?

Dumb question for the alchy friends. If you had a very small batch fermented in a growler, do you think you could pull the bung and airlock, cap it, ship the growler, and give a buddy some beer to bottle and a fairly healthy yeast cake?

Either that or a bottle of mud.

Drinking my weird Light Ale after I'm finished with the lawn for today. Still have to weed & seed the back yard. Maybe this time it won't get washed away.

Only in hockey does pouncing on another player and punching him on the ground earn only a minor 2 min penalty, not even a major, let alone ejection as it would in any other sport that's not combat-related (and even then).

Flops in soccer should be auto-ejections. Which means most games would be 5-on-3.

What an intersting take on the milk stout profile. How is it?

Similar to Master of Disguise and most 'white milk stouts'. It's a pretty good blond with some chocolate, coffee, and lactose added for mouthfeel. I don't consider any of the ones I have had stouts. They taste like a blond with coffee and chocolate. They don't have the roast and chocolate malt character of a stout (since they don't use roasted or chocolate malt).

Some packing fuel.

This while deciding what to brew tomorrow, some sort of IPA,

image.jpg

I would be worried about oxidation, as you'd get at least a little bit of oxygen in there when you took the bung off. May not be enough to cause an issue though. You'd want to be absolutely certain fermentation was done though.

Flops in soccer should be auto-ejections. Which means most games would be 5-on-3.

They'll give you a yellow for embellishment just like they'll give you 2 mins in the box for it.

I would be worried about oxidation, as you'd get at least a little bit of oxygen in there when you took the bung off. May not be enough to cause an issue though. You'd want to be absolutely certain fermentation was done though.

They'll give you a yellow for embellishment just like they'll give you 2 mins in the box for it.

Would a little bit of oxidation hurt the yeast or just the beer?

Oh yeah, my mule scored upland blackberry and blueberry. I really need to stop buying beer I have no intention of drinking b

Drinking my 60/- and watching Caps v Bruins. Hopefully a better showing that earlier today.

That was an absolute joke of a game earlier in the day.

Nobody really cares about that sport either.

Second pour of mean gene.

Nobody really cares what you're drinking.

:cross:

Burn!

Had a pretty good weekend! Not as good as AllenH or Toby, but I'm happy with my haul!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426470647.298200.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426470662.171895.jpg
Waiting for my brother to get home from NC to crack one the Bourmuda Triangle IPA!

Just finished a DFH Aprihop. Cuz beer.

Things I'm learning about Milker Lite today:

It's not bad warm. At all. I mean, it's wayyyy better cold.

That's it. I am familiar with this beer otherwise.

Black Butte XXV.

I want everyone to know that this is a rather large step for me.

I never crack bottles from the cellar until I have someone to share them with.

Which is how I amassed a cellar with a ridiculous amount of bottles in it.

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell SWMBO.

View attachment 1426473225295.jpg

Back