What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one of you mother****ers is coming in second?

No way I'm going to bed with a flight in 6 hours from now. Two lames from work went to a strip club. Not my style. I'll stay out and drink with the rest of the crew. Abita is meh

Had to send one of my developers home in a cab. Good thing my work expenses 3 cab rides a year in case you're drinking. It's the responsible thing to do - good thing I'm a nice guy (he's new).

He didn't even remember his address at first glance. We had to get his ass into the cab. ****ing tanked way before me. Rookies. NEXT

No way I'm going to bed with a flight in 6 hours from now. Two lames from work went to a strip club. Not my style. I'll stay out and drink with the rest of the crew. Abita is meh

Turbo Dog and Andygator are about the only two I care for. Bayou Teche has a few good brews.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Turbo Dog and Andygator are about the only two I care for. Bayou Teche has a few good brews.

Haven't had any of those. I've had a lot to drink tonight. But I still feel good. Phone is about to die but I am not going to bed tonight. I've got 5-6 more drinks in me.

Just got back to hotel and on my way to airport. Incredible night. Convinced I don't need any alcohol for the remainder of the week.

Need to find a water quick. :D

I suck. I got stuck at work until about 5 then had to run to apex. I'll try to bring your stuff tomorrow. :eek:

Life always gets in the way...ha ha. I have your mini and a couple bottles by the door. Making my run to Flori-duh next week. I hope to get to Cigar City...not a sure thing, but let me know what you're interested in.

Quaffi and getting kids ready for school. TGIF!

Life always gets in the way...ha ha. I have your mini and a couple bottles by the door. Making my run to Flori-duh next week. I hope to get to Cigar City...not a sure thing, but let me know what you're interested in.

I may drop dog off at day care so she can run out this energy. No doggie walks with the broke down ankle. :( So I will parlay that into dropping the bucket off real quick, in about an hour.

Coffee. So glad I didn't stay up later than midnight and keep drinking. I wanted to but logic kicked in.

Just got back to hotel and on my way to airport. Incredible night. Convinced I don't need any alcohol for the remainder of the week.

Need to find a water quick. :D

haha but it is Friday and the week is basically over. :D

You need to make it by CCB, you can even bring the kids there. Why? Because we love the chillrenn here in Flori-duh.

Coffee. Going to IL for work this afternoon which means I get more buffalo sweat and 8 bit.

Water after meeting with our architect. We finalized plans for our new office and demo on the space starts next week. As far as offices go, it looks like it will be bad ass! :rockin:

Cheating a little since this was actually last night. Did a Spiegelau tasting at Abita last night. I was actually surprised at how big a difference the glasses made. Tasting was comparing between a shaker pint and the #properglassware.

First up was Abita Amber in the lager glass (which for me is in the category of Sam Adams Boston Lager, it's a last resort before BMC, but don't bother with it otherwise). It was actually decent.

Then came S.O.S. in the pilsner glass. This one is a strange beer since it's a weizen Pilsner. The glass made a huge difference in the nose. Beer is still meh, IMO.

Next up was the new Wrought Iron IPA in the IPA glass. This one made a huge difference. Had it previously in a shaker pint, and the berry from the Mosaic was pretty much all I got, and the bitterness was harsh grapefruit. In the IPA glass it was actually drinkable.

Fourth was the Abbey ale in the Belgian tulip. This one was the biggest difference for me. Either they changed the recipe since I had it last, or the glass truly does make the beer. Very nice spicy clove with a touch of banana and caramelly and raisiny malt.

Finally was their new Naughty Quaker oatmeal stout in the new stout glass (pitcher pour since they don't bottle most of their Select series yet). They finally have a decent stout apparently. Glass brought out the coffee and chocolate notes nicely.

You need to make it by CCB, you can even bring the kids there. Why? Because we love the chillrenn here in Flori-duh.

I definitely going to make the effort! Kids are 12 and 10...12 year old girl is pretty much the type that acts like she is being imposed upon to do ANYTHING. Ten year old boy is game for just about anything. If there is food there or nearby and/or anything fun/interesting to do, SWMBO and daughter may be less irritable. :)

Caffeine Free Diet Coke...have to run some errands in a bit, but I'll see you alchies tonight!

@Hello...pretty much anytime (didn't see you yet)...I may be out from here and there, but I'll leave stuff on the porch. You can dump the grains in the compost bin over by the garden, if you don't want to leave the bucket.

I definitely going to make the effort! Kids are 12 and 10...12 year old girl is pretty much the type that acts like she is being imposed upon to do ANYTHING. Ten year old boy is game for just about anything. If there is food there or nearby and/or anything fun/interesting to do, SWMBO and daughter may be less irritable. :)

Caffeine Free Diet Coke...have to run some errands in a bit, but I'll see you alchies tonight!

@Hello...pretty much anytime (didn't see you yet)...I may be out from here and there, but I'll leave stuff on the porch. You can dump the grains in the compost bin over by the garden, if you don't want to leave the bucket.

Part of Florida's screwed up laws is that breweries can't serve food, but you can eat there. CCB will let you bring any food you like in there and there is usually a really good food truck or three in the parking lot.
It's in a fairly industrial part of town, with plenty of shopping nearby, I'm not from the Tampa area, but I'm sure there is plenty to do over there for the rest of the family. They have a guy in there hand-rolling cigars, maybe you can talk them into giving your kids a lesson.

Blergh, Christmas party last night (bad wine hangover today) and another tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Water, almost lunch time! Really boring day at work, looking like busy day at work tomorrow though. Makes sense to be slow all week and super busy when everything is overtime right?

Part of Florida's screwed up laws is that breweries can't serve food, but you can eat there. CCB will let you bring any food you like in there and there is usually a really good food truck or three in the parking lot.
It's in a fairly industrial part of town, with plenty of shopping nearby, I'm not from the Tampa area, but I'm sure there is plenty to do over there for the rest of the family. They have a guy in there hand-rolling cigars, maybe you can talk them into giving your kids a lesson.

SWMBO is allergic to tobacco and I finally quit smoking 2 years ago, after pissing her off for 30 years...she'll LOVE that idea!:cross:

SWMBO is allergic to tobacco and I finally quit smoking 2 years ago, after pissing her off for 30 years...she'll LOVE that idea!:cross:

Yeah but it's a cigar, completely different than smoking. Plus you can sell it to her as teaching the kids a trade skill.
Sweet tea, fixin to take the dog on a run/walk then the beer will flow like wine

Latest posts

Back