What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bruva, I gotta know. where the flocc did you find your avatar? it's floccin' awesome.:rockin:

I don't remember to be honest. I used it on Facebook until my wife cried, then on every other avatarable forum since then. I do wish he had a mini baseball hat, much epic'er IMHO. Sad thing is, if I shaved my dome and started yelling....totally me.

And InBev does make better beer than 99+% of craft breweries. No denying it. bourbon County and some of the sour sisters are real good. Can't really fault their **** beer either; it's not my favorite, nor do I buy it, but it is consistent and sells well. If I was high up or had stock in InBev I would not complain. Most craft breweries would love to have that consistency

Well inbev does not really run that part of gooses. It is still at the original location and doubt that inbev gave the go ahead for sours and bcbs was a yearly thing. They were already planning and doing these beers before inbev bought them. So inbev had no say in those beers. No way they would approve when they see the cost and time takes to make them.

I understand a know that inbev has second to none about quality. Things happen. I havent heard anything because i didnt try this year

Sample of my jolly holly ale. Second dose of cinnamon, vanilla, and sweet orange peel in vodka now and will put in tomorrow. Fermented fast but seems to be kind of okay. 1.080 to 1.014. S-04 is a beast.

And InBev does make better beer than 99+% of craft breweries. No denying it. bourbon County and some of the sour sisters are real good. Can't really fault their **** beer either; it's not my favorite, nor do I buy it, but it is consistent and sells well. If I was high up or had stock in InBev I would not complain. Most craft breweries would love to have that consistency

Exactly this, the Anheuser tour in Fort Collins is to this day one of the best brewery tours I have been on. Not because I like the product, but because their quality control and consistency along with ridiculous quantity of production is mind boggling. Just one of their lagering tanks holds more beer than many small craft breweries produce in one year and each location has dozens of them.

To stay on topic, so glad these guys distribute here now.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417747551.483791.jpg

My own Cream Ale. Because sometimes all I want is a beer that tastes like (wait for it) a beer. Love the biscuit malt. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Gonna be tree decorating soon..

20141204_184425.jpg

Stacked with such care;)

Stout before going to the hospital for a trip I don't want to make.

I don't load my truck. I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. ;)

My loader is new and can't grasp the idea of how to load properly...after 3 months.

Punched out a few minutes ago just shy of 14 hours. Thankfully the DOT tells us what to do or I would be out until midnight.

Bottle of my first sour. Been in the bottle for three weeks after fermenting/conditioning/souring for over a year. It's not yet fully carbed, but it's coming along. Tastes pretty good to me, but @Remmy is going to try it on Sunday for a second opinion.

CameraZOOM-20141204233517676.jpg

Bottle of my first sour. Been in the bottle for three weeks after fermenting/conditioning/souring for over a year. It's not yet fully carbed, but it's coming along. Tastes pretty good to me, but @Remmy is going to try it on Sunday for a second opinion.

Would love to try it man. My first sour is about 5 months in. A flanders red. What kind of sour is it?View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417755922.047945.jpg

About to pour another FBS and smoke this nice hand rolled robusto.

P.S awesome glass. Have you been back to queens since last time? Or did you pick that up during that last contest over at alewife?

Would love to try it man. My first sour is about 5 months in. A flanders red. What kind of sour is it?View attachment 239906

About to pour another FBS and smoke this nice hand rolled robusto.

P.S awesome glass. Have you been back to queens since last time? Or did you pick that up during that last contest over at alewife?

It's an imperial flanders red, 8.7% ABV. Congrats on doing your first sour. The waiting for a sour to be ready is excruciating, isn't it? At least that's how it was for me at first, then you kind of just forget it's there for a while, haha.

I got the glass while I was at Singlecut for last year's NHC. I was going to hit you up, but I was busy all day with judging and had to leave as soon as it was done to go to a comedy show that night.

It's an imperial flanders red, 8.7% ABV. Congrats on doing your first sour. The waiting for a sour to be ready is excruciating, isn't it? At least that's how it was for me at first, then you kind of just forget it's there for a while, haha.

I got the glass while I was at Singlecut for last year's NHC. I was going to hit you up, but I was busy all day with judging and had to leave as soon as it was done to go to a comedy show that night.

I have a few sour projects in the works, but the black Berlinerwiess that was sour mashed for 6 days that is currently in primary fermenting with us05 and will get cranberry, cinnamon, and orange peel is the quickest and also fastest one I have going and the one I am most excited for. It will either be amazing or absolutely horrid.

Back