What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just happened to get snowed in in Bend, Oregon while traveling for business, and it's The Abyss release night at Deschutes. You know...just a vertical flight of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014 The Abyss.

That must be horrible. :mug:

This is good. Thanks @Hello.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415935655.340422.jpg
Bitter, hoppy goodness.

Just happened to get snowed in in Bend, Oregon while traveling for business, and it's The Abyss release night at Deschutes. You know...just a vertical flight of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014 The Abyss.

The horror. The horror. ;)

Making do with this ...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415935851.868247.jpg

(And glancing in the mirror to see if someone appears behind me...)

You PA guys and your fancy beers. Have a Coors Light and smile. ;)

Had a strange feeling the yeast might get rowdy... Only 10 hours later I caught it right before it was about to blow!

1415937616214.jpg

mattmmille's Citra Cherry Saison. tasty easy drinking brew. I could down a bunch of this in the summer. or spring. or winter. or fall.

Nice! That was an extra gallon of Citra Saison (with Belle Saison yeast that I harvested from a batch of Hi-Nelson). The larger portion of the batch was Citra dry hopped. One gallon, instead of dry hopping, was racked onto a pound of fresh, whole cherries that were soaked in vodka and frozen.

As for me, it's a nightcap of Ginger Snaps and milk.

Coffee & water. Hoping the light drizzle ends so I can walk dog.

This is good. Thanks @Hello.
View attachment 235748
Bitter, hoppy goodness.
It's a nice one. They changed their labels to be "more professional". I actually loved the funny ones with Daniel Boone and such. But now these labels, that in particular, is fuzzy. It looks like they were drunk when they made it. Talk is that they look worse than before. At least the beer is good.
Had a strange feeling the yeast might get rowdy... Only 10 hours later I caught it right before it was about to blow!
haha OMG that is the best blow-off tube I've ever seen!

I lol'ed!
Did you happen to see my comment about Thrlla in Vanilla from Double Barley? If you don't have it in the fridge, you should. There is some kind of problem with the batch. In fact, if you just toss it without bothering to open it, I will send you something to replace it. I am concerned about that bottle after one popped in my hand. No one knew until Tuesday. :(

Had a GI Christmas Ale 2012 last night when I got home from the airport. Decent, but probably on its way down. Coffee now.

Making do with this ...
View attachment 235749

I've got a couple 2012 stashed away (and more on the store shelves still around here I think). Might save it for xmas eve....

Nice. Love me some Lagavulin. I haven't seen that one though. I've seen the Port, Sherry, and Calvados ones, and dig the Port and Sherry ones (haven't tried the Calvados).

The Lagavulin was good, and I'm not even a Lagavulin fan. Need to try some of the other ones now.

35 here...hoping to sneak away to take dog for a walk.
Protein shake.

I am reading myself into absolute confusion about electric brewing and whether RIMS or HERMS is the way to go. :confused: I don't know anyone who has either setup so I can't pop over and get a more hands on rundown.

All this talk of being cold reminds of me cold weather training in Norway, north of the Artic Circle. It was so cold that peoples lighters froze. We had to keep the Humvee's running constantly or the diesel would gel up.
good times.

Sounds like when we were on top of that mountain in PA. Snow a$$ deep till June & so cold just about everything froze up. 5-6 quilts & 3-4 layers of clothing at night & still froze my butt off!

Making do with this ...
View attachment 235749

Better late then never!

Mwahahaha. I think that batch is one of the best in years. I have hopes for it going forward. There was also an undated release for last year that isn't the same, but haven't got confirmation it's got anything to do with B United importing bulk and packaging here like they do with some other stuff. Have you made it out to OEC yet? Any chance you're giving tired hands $3k?:D

Back