What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must camp with a bunch of sissies!:D

This trip, I'm the only "adult" under 60. It's my wife's uncle's 60th birthday. I use the word "adult" loosely. If I had a nickel for every cigar I smoked today...I could buy a nice cigar.

Wife is going to **** when she sees the empty bin...but my kids had a ball.

This trip, I'm the only "adult" under 60. It's my wife's uncle's 60th birthday. I use the word "adult" loosely. If I had a nickel for every cigar I smoked today...I could buy a nice cigar.

Wife is going to **** when she sees the empty bin...but my kids had a ball.

I've never had a nice cigar under 160 nickels. What am I doing wrong ?

Haven't had this in a couple years. Pretty awesome for the style

1403928638736.jpg

Finally back from happy hour at the beach with the wife. Kicking back with one of these...

Jealous, I have a friend who recently got a job brewing there. Hopefully he'll send some my way. Or even better, hopefully I'll get to visit him there this Christmas.

Awesome stuff!!

Still haven't been to Michigan since the seasonal release. Gotta get some in a couple weeks.

Just had an IPA I bottled in April. Tastes as good as the day I bottled it. I used an ounce each of cascade and citra for a two-gallon batch, split evenly throughout five boil additions. Definitely citrusy and juicy :mug:

Jealous, I have a friend who recently got a job brewing there. Hopefully he'll send some my way. Or even better, hopefully I'll get to visit him there this Christmas.

Still haven't been to Michigan since the seasonal release. Gotta get some in a couple weeks.

Just had an IPA I bottled in April. Tastes as good as the day I bottled it. I used an ounce each of cascade and citra for a two-gallon batch, split evenly throughout five boil additions. Definitely citrusy and juicy :mug:

That's awesome man I just bottled two 5 gallon batches one was a honey Kolsch the other a honey pale ale. I did a taste test after 2 days and bottles I believe they're going to be great I dry hopped is one 2 ounces of hops per batch.

Finally getting off work. Drinking a lagunitas ipa. Just cooked a truffle risotto with some lemon butter chicken in a Masala reduction. .. soon good. Maybe not the right beer to pair .but it doesn't matter atm

One more for the nightcap. Not sure about this one. Seems like they took one of their ipa recipes and turned it into a stout. Pretty good for what it is but tastes more like an Imperial black ipa than a stout

1403938339056.jpg

Caffeine free diet Pepsi. Woke up thirsty in the middle of the night.

Yeah, not glamorous at all. Although I am drinking it in my pilsner glass.

I started to throw a few beers in the fridge earlier but then decided I just wasn't in the mood to have any beers this evening (yesterday evening at this point).

I'm going back to bed soon. Big day tomorrow. I have a batch to bottle, and I would like to brew a batch as well. In the midst of all of this I need to mow the grass too. I'm thinking the mash will be a good time to mow.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have two batches that I need to bottle. It's a beer weekend for sure. In the midst of all of this I might even have a beer. We'll see.

Tasting notes on the Diet Caffeine free Pepsi:
- Aroma: Caramel, sugar, sweet
- Appearance: Very dark, no lacing, little to no head retention
- Taste: Highly carbonated, sweet (cloyingly so), watery mouth feel, seems a bit acidic. Flavors don't come across as authentic, rather they taste like artificial flavors.
- Final thoughts: Will wet your mouth. Not a lot going on. Seems safe enough for children to drink.
- Recommendation: If you are caffeine sensitive and you prefer to not drink a lot of sugars there aren't a lot of options available if you want a cola. Under these circumstances this drink fills a niche where there are few other options. 3 1/2 stars

Coffee...but with home cured rainbow trout on a toasted bagel with cream cheese, tomato and onion. Being consumed less than a hundred yards from where the trout was caught. Mmmmmm.

IMAG3222.jpg

IMAG3228.jpg

First time at the brewery but I have had a couple of their beers before, good stuff!

They have a sour program but from what I gathered from a conversation hard too come by, very limited.

I've had a couple, they are pretty good. I have a guy I trade with who is minutes from the brewery. He used to send me bottles and growlers now and then. That brewery is starting to make a bigger name for itself. Especially after that antead ordeal.

Skeeter Pee mixed with lemon flavoured sparkling water on ice. Since the sun came out and it warmed up a bit.

Celebrating my best friends and I's 30th birthdays with some of this. Thanks to finsfan for picking this up for me. View attachment 208003

Happy birthday

Nice little trout. Fishing is a great for relaxing & catching fish is just gravy.

Second pour.
View attachment 208011

They were some cute little things. They lived to see another day. Pissed that I missed a bunch of bigger ones though (15-21").
Figured I wanted to catch some fish this weekend but with my parents coming here for my b-day tomorrow, it wouldn't work any other day.

Coffee time. Beers will get slayed today and tomorrow (what else is new?) :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403966468.601257.jpg
Done with coffee I figured I might as well drink a farmhouse ale while I'm brewing one

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yard work with iced coffee and water.

Felt..... not great this morning. Will take it a bit easier today. Still only have big beers in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back