What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another offering from the Masking Tape Brewery.

Hello, the Pale Ale was a decent beer. I don't think I'm the right audience for this one.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390765688.009597.jpg

Another offering from the Masking Tape Brewery.

Hello, the Pale Ale was a decent beer. I don't think I'm the right audience for this one.

Not the right audience for the jolly holly? That's fair, it's got a lot going on. What do you dislike?
And thank you for the feedback on the pale.

Not the right audience for the jolly holly? That's fair, it's got a lot going on. What do you dislike?
And thank you for the feedback on the pale.

The pale ale was an easy drinker. I think I like the "C-hops" better in a pale ale but it was well executed and I'd drink a few of those camping. The Jolly Holly, I am not sure how to explain it. It smelled like bubble gum to me, but the taste was very different. Just not my thing. I wasn't repulsed by it, and drank the whole glass but I was reaching for an IPA as soon as I was done.

EDIT: keep in mind that I am new to brewing and many of these styles are foreign to me. I am a hop head now but hated the first IPA I tasted.

Having Mcbaumannerd's saison and damn is it good! Really glad he sent this one as i will be brewing with 3726 soon but have never tried it. Thanks mark, great job!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390768694.895047.jpg

This isn't too bad. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390774101.217971.jpg was debating on having one of my almost 70 brews in my cellar. Lots of BA goodness in there! I'll just stick to shelf stuff tonight!

Drank a guvnah esb that was overcarbed. Followed it up with a Dubhe black DIPA. should be bottling/kegging, but am dealing with my CIP system and prepping my new kegs.

So...... Store kegs under pressure or not?

At a local brewery, AZ Wilderness. Drinking their big guy rye. A rye iipa with nelson hops. This is their best offering by far

At a local brewery, AZ Wilderness. Drinking their big guy rye. A rye iipa with nelson hops. This is their best offering by far

Rye/Nelson combos seem to turn out pretty good...see my favorite beer Alpine Nelson. I have a pound of 2013 Nelson pellets in my freezer...gonna have to come up with a rye DIPA recipe for them.

More Conan Warrior. Knicks won. Good day overall. Smacked.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390777200.361463.jpg

I tell you what, second pour was much better then the first. Coffee tends to mellow with the boozy flavor and the vanilla really comes out!

They weren't exactly shooting for subtle with the coffee in that one, but that's one of the reasons I like it so much. The booziness can be pretty high on it too. Even though I still love it fresh I have cellared it for 9 months and thought it was almost perfect at that point.

Latest posts

Back