What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not?

image-1782476409.jpg

tyzippers said:
Well, we did have a good time today on our day trip to Erie. Got some decent beers at the beer store and spent way too much money.

Unfortunately, the day took an ugly turn when we returned home. We found one of our cats dead. In my six year old's bedroom. She was nursing her kittens when she died. This fooking blows. Real bad.

I need this about now.

Sorry man - rough enough when it happens, but to happen in your kids room just sucks.

mcbaumannerb said:
Sorry man - rough enough when it happens, but to happen in your kids room just sucks.
Thanks. My wife slept with my daughter input guest room last night. With all the kittens. I had the bed all to myself last might and I couldn't sleep a wink. I kept dreaming that my cat came back to haunt me as a demon cat and its face was all decayed and ****. It was messed up!

mcbaumannerb said:
Coffee with breakfast before hitting the road. I really hate hotel breakfast buffets :(

When I visit our job site in Orrvilon, OH my company puts me up in a motel who's continental breakfast is cereal and a box of bagels with a toaster. And even though Schmuckers jelly is made literally a few miles down the road, they put some crappy generic crap out. Couple that with some sh!tty coffee and its a dream come true!

Coffee while I get ready to sit for two hours listening to what kind of time shares they have to offer me but just for going I receive a free 3 day 2 night stay at any Great Wolf Lodge so why not plus you never know I just might end up with a cool time share ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Wtf its 830 in the morning!! :D

I know. :D

mcbaumannerb said:
Go for it! Although I think your Heffe would probably make some awesome creeps!

Hahaha!!

NIZZLE said:
I hope that's hot sauce on that there omelette. :)

Certainly not. Drinking some coffee. Man, the hickory smoke smells so darn good all around here. So long as I don't get any bears around today, I'm good.

NIZZLE said:
Not a hot sauce fan?

Nope. I make my sauces runny and on the tangy side. Think sauce for barbecue, especially brisket and ribs.

NIZZLE said:
Gotcha! Maybe I'll fire up my smoker when I get home.

Go for it, dude. For me, I'd need to know if I'm going to smoke something at least one day in advance so I can prep the smoker, make my rubs, trim the meats, etc. I wish it was as easy as coming home at 2pm and firing up the smoker for dinner. If it were, I'd do it every day.

The baby backs smell so good right now. So does the thin blue smoke. I am going to grab a few more local beers in a couple of minutes. Ribs have been one for one hour so they'll be fine. Only 5 more hours to go. I'm also grilling wings.

more coffee. mashed in my table beer about 20 minutes ago. I changed it again.

Type: All Grain
Date: 8/4/2013
Batch Size: 10.00 gal
Brewer: Billy Klubb, Bobby Klubb
Boil Size: 12.55 gal Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: Brew Pot (15 Gal) and Igloo/Gott Cooler (10 Gal)
Taste Rating(out of 50): 35.0 Brewhouse Efficiency: 85.00
Taste Notes:

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.00 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 51.44 %
2.00 lb Simpson's Maris Otter (4.1 SRM) Grain 20.58 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 10.29 %
1.00 lb Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 10.29 %
0.72 lb Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM) Grain 7.41 %
0.50 oz Citra [12.00 %] (90 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 15.1 IBU
1.00 oz Citra [12.00 %] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -
0.50 oz Citra [12.00 %] (60 min) Hops 12.8 IBU
1.00 oz Citra [12.00 %] (10 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.030 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.030 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.008 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.008 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 2.84 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 2.86 %
Bitterness: 27.9 IBU Calories: 130 cal/pint
Est Color: 13.6 SRM

Go for it, dude. For me, I'd need to know if I'm going to smoke something at least one day in advance so I can prep the smoker, make my rubs, trim the meats, etc. I wish it was as easy as coming home at 2pm and firing up the smoker for dinner. If it were, I'd do it every day.

The baby backs smell so good right now. So does the thin blue smoke. I am going to grab a few more local beers in a couple of minutes. Ribs have been one for one hour so they'll be fine. Only 5 more hours to go. I'm also grilling wings.

It would be for tomorrows dinner not tonight I just like smoking food

My local spot has so many Maine Co beers it's not funny. Also saw some ridiculous Allagash there.

image-2505739694.jpg

image-3456124878.jpg

Remmy said:
My local spot has so many Maine Co beers it's not funny. Also saw some ridiculous Allagash there.

No, the ridiculous Allagash is almost as much for a 375ml. ;)

Channel66 said:
You've got one of those

Awesome.

First time I've seen it since I've moved here. Small package store. Very small. But has a lot of local stuff.

It had about 8 Maine Beer Co. - no Lunch. The store in my old town a few miles away had Lunch a few weeks ago and none left this week.

Ribs are midway through the cook. Smells so ****ing good.

My town has a **** load of farms. But we do have a brewery.
image-1352729998.jpg

Some of it is more. For a .375

I've walked out of there spending 200 bucks and gotten less than a gallon of beer.

Wow, really? I thought they maxed out around $15 for coolship and fv-13 type stuff. What's more than that?

Oh and I've been working on our trade. I've got a bottle of Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett Grand Cru with your name on it. :D

Wow, really? I thought they maxed out around $15 for coolship and fv-13 type stuff. What's more than that?

Oh and I've been working on our trade. I've got a bottle of Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett Grand Cru with your name on it. :D

Test batch specialties and sours go for 22-25 per 375. They're usually 15 gallon batches so they are extremely limited and not guaranteed to be good haha.

One of my favorite "sessions." Hops galore.

image-3891849071.jpg

Coffee, because last night was brutal. I ended up polishing off a sixxer of Rugby, 2 roggenbiers, and a Blue Moon. The good news is, I didn't get a hangover. Now, I have to get ready for dinner at my parents house, later this evening...

A flat saison, bottom of the barrel style.

Marathon bottling day in my house. Bottled a second brett saison, a farmhouse ale, a Riesling, and a quad. Cleaning up now. I should bottle my RIS but I'm probably just going to keep it in the keg instead.

Test batch specialties and sours go for 22-25 per 375. They're usually 15 gallon batches so they are extremely limited and not guaranteed to be good haha.

Good grief! Are cerise, red, resurgam, etc that much?

A flat saison, bottom of the barrel style.

Marathon bottling day in my house. Bottled a second brett saison, a farmhouse ale, a Riesling, and a quad. Cleaning up now. I should bottle my RIS but I'm probably just going to keep it in the keg instead.

Dang! If I can power through two batches I'm pretty happy with myself. That sounds like a long day.

Saison thirty here. I think I'm going to make at least a grand of some creepy WWII memoribilia today, so I might hafta drink something fancy to celebrate.

image-333109253.jpg

Back