What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear I'm just checking the carbonation on my oatmeal chocolate stout.

image-3325713853.jpg

Weyerbacher Insanity. Wow, this is a big one (11%). Rich vanilla bourbon aroma. Lots of flavors of raisins/dates, vanilla, and oak. A little boozy, but this is a great sipper. Going to try to save the other 3 for a while to see how it develops.

2.4 year old oatmeal vanilla cream stout. Never really appreciated it until now and was the reason I still had some even from just a 1.5 gallon batch. Guess I uderrated this one.Pretty nice and very smooth,doesnt have that oatmeal slickness but just a smoothness with a now better rounded complexity.Was a partial mash also.:)

My partial mash version of the Cooper's Hop Gobbler recipe. I did a side by side with a bottle of Hobgoblin last week and I have to admit this beer falls short. But then again I've never done the Cooper's Hop Gobbler recipe as outlined on the Cooper's site so I'm not sure if that would taste like Hobgoblin to begin with. My beer isn't even close to Hobgoblin but I still like it.

Also having a couple of Cooper's Canadian Blonde Ale that I made up with 500gr of DME and 700gr of dextrose. I like this beer more than Labatt's Blue or Molson Canadian which were the beers I drank most before getting into homebrewing.

Drinking some Pyramid Discord. Pretty decent CDA. It seems that the bottled version is a bit different than what they originally had on taps. It's a little more malty/roasty.

Mankato organ grinder with a sublime knockoff band butchering two hits and the joint turned brown! Good beer and ****ty jams means I'm just gonna drink more!

My own peach wine. Secondaried with solid peaches, and then black tea. I like the version without the tea better. It's got a cleaner flavor to it.

image-4106268798.jpg

HB Coffee Oatmeal Brown. Last beer of the night, I have to get up early to head over to Tampa to do the CCB tour! Totally geeked about it, also geeked about the possibility of a "golden ticket". Stay tuned tomorrow.

So far tonight, 2 pineapple hefe's and an english pale ale. May move on to the scotch next. It's national bourbon day but scotch is the closest I have.

My own peach wine. Secondaried with solid peaches, and then black tea. I like the version without the tea better. It's got a cleaner flavor to it.

I have 8lbs of fresh picked peaches vacuum sealed in the freezer I was going to turn to wine. Have a recipe?

I have 8lbs of fresh picked peaches vacuum sealed in the freezer I was going to turn to wine. Have a recipe?
Sorta, I pretty much cheated and used a commercial juice as a base.

OG: 1.115
FG: 0.998
ABV 15.6%
Batch size: 4 gallons

13 quarts minutemade peach punch
5lb's table sugar
4 tsps yeast nutrient

Mixed those up, fermented dry to 0.998. Then added:

4 lbs washed, pitted, and sliced peaches. I also froze these so they would yield more juice when thawed.
2 tsps pectin enzyme

Let that sit for 2 weeks. Removed the peach solids, and added:

3.5 tsp bentonite powder made into a slurry

It cleared in about two days. Then I split the batch in half. One half got 1 small tea bag / quart of liquid. After another two weeks, I back sweetened, bottled, and pasteurized.

This batch is from September last year, considering the ingredients I'm happy with how it came out. Not fantastic, but a reasonable wine.

My HB Poor Sap pale ale. Brewed for my buddy's bachelor party. Been in bottle a bit over two weeks and holy sh** it's good. Apparently Columbus, Amarillo and mosaic go incredibly well together.

image-2926651782.jpgimage-2136261078.jpg

Two heated ale clone. All grain. Clone on left .. I did add a Lil more hops than was in the directions. Other then that this is very close. And tasty
ForumRunner_20130614_233622.png

NoKatoBrewer said:
Mankato organ grinder with a sublime knockoff band butchering two hits and the joint turned brown! Good beer and ****ty jams means I'm just gonna drink more!

Cover band for what was largely a cover band? Sounds great...

Cycled 30 extremely windy miles this morning and just met a friend for a late lunch at Brewdog.

Having a Hopwired.

ForumRunner_20130615_141951.png

Maybe meeting my new drummer for beers the night before I move wasn't the best idea ever. Ugh... Coffee and Advil

Back