What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jbird said:
Went to bevmo today and that place is the greatest place on earth. I only came home with a 6 pack and a 22oz

That is true restraint. Wait till you find a Bottle Barn ;)

Green tea for now. Yesterday evening was very frustrating (found out we got audited on our state taxes, power went out for 2 hrs., dog is sick, etc.) and I had to drown my sorrows.

this doesnt look like typical r&d, how can i get this job haha

Haha ---- We're typical in that were engineerings, technicians, and product managers.

The owner of our company had us down for a few days of presentations, boat riding, and drinkin on the Lake of the Ozarks.

last night. quite tasty! I'm excited to have that hefe tonight! thanks again HH! right now, water.

0531131814.jpg

a very nice golden wheat from Free State Brewing company in Lawrence Kansas
and some activated wyeast for my Bavarian hefeweizen brew this afternoon while i smoke ribs :) what a day

2013-06-01 12.29.27.jpg

Water, water, more water. Last night was long and fun.

Some high points-
Unibroue Terrible
Indeed Brewing Midnight Ryder
Dirty Bastard
Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree
Lots of Torpedos

I'll tell you what I WON'T be drinking... My left hand milk stout clone. I brewed this over the winter, and it got way too cold and stalled out hard. I had thought that I got it restarted and attributed a higher than normal FG to the lactose and high mash temp. Bottled it, and the couple that I opened were spewing. Now that it's gotten warmer they have started to vigorously referment in the bottles, so I've been trying to bleed CO2 off the caps. Opened one for the wife for a baked bean recipe, and realized right away that I was sitting on a box of bombs, and probably didn't have more than a few days before I lived up to my namesake. I've never had a bomb before, to clarify, and I'm not about to be mopping stout off the walls. Anyway, RIP my LHMS clone :( not one to accept defeat, I will be rebrewing this in a few weeks.

image-3119025577.jpg

image-3945593105.jpg

Gotta finish cleaning stuff up for another brew day tomorrow. Fermenter soak is done,rinsed,& sanitized. Gotta rinse out the hop sack soakers in a minute. do some more bottles too. Then I got half a fifth of vodka,2 latitude 48's,1 Hopped & Confused,& one twilight Delight left to drink after that in the fridge. Time to reload fridge methinks?...
*by the way,if that bucket was clean,I d soak & cook some black beans in that nectar man!!

Billy klubbs zythos IPA. Damn good beer my friend. Do you plan on brewing this one again? If so, you should bottle more than a 6 pack ;)

ForumRunner_20130601_143751.jpg

I'll tell you what I WON'T be drinking... My left hand milk stout clone. I brewed this over the winter, and it got way too cold and stalled out hard. I had thought that I got it restarted and attributed a higher than normal FG to the lactose and high mash temp. Bottled it, and the couple that I opened were spewing. Now that it's gotten warmer they have started to vigorously referment in the bottles, so I've been trying to bleed CO2 off the caps. Opened one for the wife for a baked bean recipe, and realized right away that I was sitting on a box of bombs, and probably didn't have more than a few days before I lived up to my namesake. I've never had a bomb before, to clarify, and I'm not about to be mopping stout off the walls. Anyway, RIP my LHMS clone :( not one to accept defeat, I will be rebrewing this in a few weeks.

Um drink outta the effin bucket!!!!

bottlebomber said:

That really sucks!! While it's not a clone, I'll be bottling my milk chocolate stout. I hope this doesn't happen to me. The FG is a bit high, so I hope it's the lactose.

Ostomo517 said:
Um drink outta the effin bucket!!!!

HessenHelles said:

tyzippers said:
That really sucks!! While it's not a clone, I'll be bottling my milk chocolate stout. I hope this doesn't happen to me. The FG is a bit high, so I hope it's the lactose.

tyzippers said:
Good call! (Btw, nice pink bucket bottlebomber!)

I should have cleaned the bucket better. It's actually a flexible pail, super strong, Trugs I think they're called. They are super handy and this was the only color in this size and I'm not threatened by it ;) anyway I usually dump my mashtun into this and the grain sometimes sits for a few days before the chickens get it so it smells like vomit. I can fill some growlers off of it if someone wants some. Zippers, this was like 1.030 when I bottled.

Ha, nice money shot.

I hate to see that happen. my condolences on your loss.

Billy klubbs zythos IPA. Damn good beer my friend. Do you plan on brewing this one again? If so, you should bottle more than a 6 pack ;)

View attachment 125735
next time I brew that one, the whole thing is going in bottles. that keg went way too fast.

Hoppy saison.

image-3246124943.jpg

Would it be wrong to let my wife keep napping even though she needs to get up so we can go to a wedding I don't want to go to? Weddings would be better with drinking before/during the ceremony instead of just at the reception.

'Ahhh, what a miserably hot day for a wedding in a pavilion. Thank heavens I have this refreshing and inebriating gin & tonic!' Sounds so much nicer.....

Hoppy saison.

View attachment 125746

Would it be wrong to let my wife keep napping even though she needs to get up so we can go to a wedding I don't want to go to? Weddings would be better with drinking before/during the ceremony instead of just at the reception.

'Ahhh, what a miserably hot day for a wedding in a pavilion. Thank heavens I have this refreshing and inebriating gin & tonic!' Sounds so much nicer.....

you better wake her up. but you should invest in a decent flask.

you better wake her up. but you should invest in a decent flask.

Yeah, I did. Her only friend from her last job is getting married, so I figured I better.

I used to have a beautiful flask. Held a 5th, couldn't see it in my hip pocket. I eventually realized I'm a bad drunk on the liqour and intentionally lost it playing poker.

Back