What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left the wedding for a bar. Enjoying Kasteel Rouge now. I think Double Crooked Tree is on deck.

HB Coffee Oatmeal Brown. I should really wait on this, only 6 days on gas, I can't help myself. This is the only beer I have ever brewed "back to back", I should probably brew again (back to back to back), just do it can age a bit.

I'm having my maple-rye APA. It's good. Not too maple-y, and it is properly carbonated.

I'm in the process of emptying my refrigerator. I'm cutting back for a while, and I'm getting ready for my next brew day, which might be Friday. It sort of depends on how the week goes.

allenH said:
Pick it up for sure. It is a rye DIPA, you just get a touch of rye and a crap-ton of DIPA. Great beer, definitely worth a try.

I'll definitely give it a try. It sounds really good.

American Red aged in Oak. Crazy complex flavors. Mongo likes.

image-1997078705.jpg

over the last 6 years, we've never had less than 5 cats. I get no cat pee funkyness from the Citra. personal perception is a hell of a thing I suppose. hahahah!

A sample of a mild from LHBS while picking up ingredients for the Belgian Wit we're brewing today. Planning to mainly hop with EKG, but also picked up an ounce of citra. Good idea/bad idea to add that as a late addition/dry hop?

Citra in a wit would be good. Take it with a grain of salt, because I brew an all Citra small beer roughly 6 times a year.

On to Great Lakes Burning River. Used to be one of my fave brews...now tastes like liquid grass clippings! Bizarre how palates adjust to favor different beers! But damn, I love beer!

Billy-Klubb said:
over the last 6 years, we've never had less than 5 cats. I get no cat pee funkyness from the Citra. personal perception is a hell of a thing I suppose. hahahah!

I've never picked up on the cat pee thing either.
Of course, it wouldn't deter me from drinking Citra hopped beer even if I did.
I'm a big fan of funky, Brett beers. Some of the descriptors for that smell and flavor are pretty crazy and I actually taste them and am fine with it.
Come on, who doesn't want to drink leathery horse blanket sweat. ;)

WesleyS said:
I'm a big fan of funky, Brett beers. Some of the descriptors for that smell and flavor are pretty crazy and I actually taste them and am fine with it.

Wish we could find more funky barnyard brews in southern MN! Surly had a Brett saison that was way funkadelic!

My CTZ single hop small beer experiment. Nice lacing and flavour for a 2.7 percent beer. Even better that it stands up this well after a DFH Burton Baton. Oh, and a 3bean, and a bunch of Joe's Pilsners, and a trip to work.

ForumRunner_20130518_235113.jpg

WesleyS said:

Me either. I love Simcoe heavy beers and I love Citra/Chinook/Nelson. I have only got the "onion-y" flavor once, from an old keg of Widmer. I think the cat pee thing is personal, like some people get a soapy taste from cilantro.

Billy-Klubb said:

Personal perception is a m-effer.

Yeah I don't get it every time with citra but definitely do sometimes. Never in the taste only the first big smell so that's a bonus :D.. I do believe it fades away to a strong mango orangish fruitiness.

This pale and my last homebrew with citra both had it. But I didn't get any of it at all in my citra saison.

A pint of the overflow from my smoked porter that didn't make it into secondary. Just more than a pint's worth. Followed by the bottle of Lindeman's Framboise my wife bought back in November, never drank, and decided she didn't want any more. Forgot how bad this stuff is. My wife hates beer. But enjoys this stuff. Now I might have to pull a real gueuze out of the "cellar" to wash this down.

A pint of the overflow from my smoked porter that didn't make it into secondary. Just more than a pint's worth. Followed by the bottle of Lindeman's Framboise my wife bought back in November, never drank, and decided she didn't want any more. Forgot how bad this stuff is. My wife hates beer. But enjoys this stuff. Now I might have to pull a real gueuze out of the "cellar" to wash this down.

and I like that one. or used to. I haven't had it in years. maybe my tastes changed (or refined).

edit: and I'm having my Horehound Belgian Strong while I finish watching Ip Man 2. Kung Fu FTW.

Its ok, not great by any means. My fiancee likes it mixed with chocolate stout

Its ok, not great by any means. My fiancee likes it mixed with chocolate stout

It's alcopop for sure. That's why my wife likes it. Doesn't taste like beer. As long as you're not expecting beer, I'd say it's ok. Just seeing "lambic" on the label makes me fume. Although at least it seems there's a HINT of tartness through the cloying sweetness. I don't recall it ever being even remotely tart or sour before, and I know it's pasteurized so it's not like an extra 7 months in the bottle meant anything.

It's alcopop for sure. That's why my wife likes it. Doesn't taste like beer. As long as you're not expecting beer, I'd say it's ok. Just seeing "lambic" on the label makes me fume. Although at least it seems there's a HINT of tartness through the cloying sweetness. I don't recall it ever being even remotely tart or sour before, and I know it's pasteurized so it's not like an extra 7 months in the bottle meant anything.
I hear you there, I just enjoyed it for what ir is. :mug:

Started with a couple SN Torpedoes now I'm moving on the Abita Turbodog. After that maybe a little Bed Bath and Beyond but I don't know, i don't know if we'll have enough time

True. Shes a pretty big beer nerd too but its like a guilty pleasure of hers lol

Sounds like my zoo.

I can vouch for the fact that a multiple cat owner is familiar with all the nuances of cat pee funkyness, hahaha!

Latest posts

Back