What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB blackberry booch
Working our way back from AK, staying the night in Whitehorse.

Mrs. Stout and I both caught covid a couple days ago. Our symptoms are like a strong cold with 100-ish fever, some aches, chills, and coughing. We brought some tests on the trip, and yup, 2nd red line.

Dammit, we evaded it for 3.5 years, it was bound to happen.

I probably won't be posting beers for a while. Drinking one doesn't even sound good now. Hope I don't lose my taste buds.
Sorry, feel better soon.

I’m drinking bottling leftovers.
572F8EA1-C3EE-461B-8C9A-5A63B519D8F3.jpeg

Piwo Grodziskie

Last edited:
With a belly full of chicken piccata and pappardelle, I've decided to treat myself to a third regular-sized beer--maybe it'll help the baseball-sized cramp in my left calf?

Anyway, Panther Piss Super Dry.View attachment 828599

How are you getting yours that clear? Here is my German Pils that I brewed in March, lagered til the end of June and its been on tap at 35 degees F in my kegerator since June. Almost the exact same glass. I use whirlfloc at the end of the boil and I even have a corny keg with a floating dip tube.

Are you doing some kind of filtration? I’ve taken photos of my beers beside commercial beers and you can definitely see the difference filtration makes. (Low head because I spent way too much time trying to get a decent photo)

IMG_0009.jpeg

Working our way back from AK, staying the night in Whitehorse.

Mrs. Stout and I both caught covid a couple days ago. Our symptoms are like a strong cold with 100-ish fever, some aches, chills, and coughing. We brought some tests on the trip, and yup, 2nd red line.

Dammit, we evaded it for 3.5 years, it was bound to happen.

I probably won't be posting beers for a while. Drinking one doesn't even sound good now. Hope I don't lose my taste buds.
Hope y'all get over it fast and safe journeys!

$1.25/beer via Sam's Club

PXL_20230906_195600041.PORTRAIT.jpg

that looks great brother! What hops did you use?
Thanks!! Bittered with Chinook, then a couple different hot side additions of Centennial and Cascade. Whirlpooled with the same two for 20 minutes at 170. A pre dry hop sample tasted really good, and would’ve made a great pale ale. Finally dry hopped with Cascade, Centennial, and a small amount of Citra. Tasted a bit out of balance at first, but is rounding out now, three weeks in the serving keg. Could be me though since wcipa’s are not my favorite style.

Hacker-Pschorr is one of the primary breweries in Munich, since 1417. Their Münchner Gold is a slightly more alcoholic re-work of their original Munich Lager produced with the new lighter malts created in the 1800’s. Coming in at 5.5%, it is a touch higher ABV than the 4.9-5.0 ABV Helles beers from most other brewers.

Münchner Gold is a terrific and flavorful Helles, I’m picking up a slight sweetness on the front end, less apparent as I continue into Gulp Number Two and Three. This Hell has some body to it. Thankfully available in convenient and protective 16.9 oz / 500 ml aluminum mini kegs, and not those light inducing, beer-destroying, nearly transparent light brown bottles. Danke Hacker-Pschorr, they get it!

Hops include Hallertauer Tradition and Hallertauer Herkules, a great choice up against the strong malt bill. Not much head despite pouring hard, not much lacing, but Wow, what a great beer!

IMG_5201.jpeg

Last edited:
HB Fizzy Yellow Beer with a burger and some tots.
View attachment 828822
I love tots. We have an Irish bar by us that does specially “loaded” tater tots.

They have 3 options;

1. “Irish tot-Cho’s” which is pretty much Like Mexican style loaded nachos with corn beef as the meat

2. “Wing tots” which is smoked pulled chicken that’s gets crisped on the flat top with bbq sauce, blue cheese, and caramelize onions

3. “white-boy-wasted tots” beer cheese, melted jack, bacon, chipotle ranch and green onions

Kitchen appliances have been on their last leg. Decided a refresh after twenty years. Decided to get a smaller fridge as it seemed to take over my entire small kitchen. I've been proud of myself cleaning out old IPAs I wasn't fond of out of the fermenter fridge and the kitchen fridge. THEN I dumped a bagful of condiments and just barely fit all the funk/stout beers still behind. I have a lot of work to make room for fresh beer boohoo
Can't wait to try out the new stove over the weekend if work doesn't call

Treehouse anniversary beer and a couple of others
PXL_20230908_014750815.jpg

Got lucky and server had no clue drafted me a long instead of short pour of Vanilla Bean Truth Treehouse stout

Feels like Florida here.

Vanilla Bean Truth is an Imperial Stout aged for 22 months in select wheated bourbon barrels and then conditioned upon heaps of grade A, purposefully selected vanilla beans.

It pours a viscous black color in the glass with a mocha-colored head. When poured cold, the flavor profile leads with chocolate wafer cookies, bourbon-vanilla heat, and rich dark chocolate. As it warms, the true complexity emerges. We taste and smell bourbon chocolate chip cookie dough, bourbon vanilla ice cream, tootsie rolls, and smooth chocolate syrup.

The vanilla addition serves to soften the bourbon and chocolate character of the base beer making the whole presentation more confectionary and decadent like chocolate vanilla syrup.
PXL_20230908_173922178.jpg

PXL_20230908_173509386.jpg

Got lucky and server had no clue drafted me a long instead of short pour of Vanilla Bean Truth Treehouse stout

Feels like Florida here.

Vanilla Bean Truth is an Imperial Stout aged for 22 months in select wheated bourbon barrels and then conditioned upon heaps of grade A, purposefully selected vanilla beans.

It pours a viscous black color in the glass with a mocha-colored head. When poured cold, the flavor profile leads with chocolate wafer cookies, bourbon-vanilla heat, and rich dark chocolate. As it warms, the true complexity emerges. We taste and smell bourbon chocolate chip cookie dough, bourbon vanilla ice cream, tootsie rolls, and smooth chocolate syrup.

The vanilla addition serves to soften the bourbon and chocolate character of the base beer making the whole presentation more confectionary and decadent like chocolate vanilla syrup.View attachment 828852
View attachment 828851

Was there in early July visiting a good buddy from grad school days. I think we visited the brewery every day of my 3-day trip. He was very cool to indulge me as he’s not a big beer dude. I really enjoyed being there around this time of day, but would have liked the chance to order 1-2 more beers. I totally get their serving limit though for non-beer obsessives.

Back