What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back at the farm for a few days. HB Mosaic Blonde.
953C7C3F-A222-42D6-9C21-55AB92093A65.jpeg

Montana breweries, generally speaking, don’t do hazies well. They’re not popular with the locals but a lot of the breweries seem to think they have to have one in their lineup. What most Montana breweries do well are darker, maltier, beers because that’s what the locals want.

Maybe I need to move to Montana. I fell in love with a local brewery years ago because of their Olde Ale and Stout. Today, they don’t make the Ole Ale except around GABF time for submission and just use their stout to make some extremely questionable varietals.

View attachment 823604View attachment 823605View attachment 823606View attachment 823607View attachment 823608Tried every beer at Russian River Brewing with my in-laws then asked for a half pour of the Beatification b/c it was so good.
I can finally check this off my list of breweries to visit!!

Holy crap! That's not just a flight. That's more like getting the Spruce Goose off the ground.

/Note to self: add RRBC to my list of things to do before I die. And an Uber to get me back to the hotel.

Last edited:
View attachment 823604View attachment 823605View attachment 823606View attachment 823607View attachment 823608Tried every beer at Russian River Brewing with my in-laws then asked for a half pour of the Beatification b/c it was so good.
I can finally check this off my list of breweries to visit!!
I visited Russian River ten or so years ago. The beers were awesome. It was also the first time they had brewed Janet’s Brown, the Mike “Tasty” McDole homebrew recipe. It was an awesome beer. I remember the Sanctification being awesome as well. 100% Brett fermentation. It was fruity like pears but dry, light and refreshing. Glad you were able to make the pilgrimage.

A Canadian nightcap after attending a Lion’s Club meeting. The June meeting is always a seafood dinner and is ladie’s night. Tonight there were 8 members present, out of a membership of about 30, and only 2 guys brought their wives (my wife is still at our city house, 250 miles away). The youngest guy in the club, who’s about 35, brought his wife and their two daughters, ages 2 and 4. The little girls were cuter than the dickens and ran around and giggled until one of them melted down and started crying. Without missing a beat, the club President said “that sounds like a motion to adjourn”. And so, we did.
BBC363B5-1EB6-4E86-9F65-68CB0500EE49.jpeg

Sadly, I'll be emptying 8 or 9 Corney kegs that are getting old and not worth drinking. Time to make something new to drink.
I’m right here too. Not too long ago, I had every tap filled and pretty much it was all good. Now it seems like I only have a few good ones left, and everything else has to go.

Latest posts

Back