What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3 for a 19oz 10%er! Surprisingly decent. I get all those citrus and spice flavors. That's probably what makes this so quaffable.

PXL_20230624_125053594.PORTRAIT.jpg

Hard cider, trying to last 5 more years till retiring. Does this mean I'm getting old??? Be right back... gotta clean my false teeth and wash my comb-over... lol

@ThirstyPawsHB Best wishes for your retirement.
One word.....Newretirement.com..guess that's a word? Pretty comprehensive but worth the $10/month to see if one is on track.

Ummm…what is this nirvana?!?

OT
View attachment 823205I

Treehouse bought a fourth location which is a golf course. Happened last year and they just renovated the clubhouse and opened this week. The golf course is about to open.

It's the closest location to me and I love golf but it's a pita to get to. Middle of suburbia with tons of lights. It is probably 30 minutes out of Boston so it's a good location for them. I can take a very scenic back roads thru minuteman paths.

This is my rankings of TH locations

1) Cape - hands down best. Great drafthouse, directly on the ocean and tons of good restaurants nearby. Do some canal fishing nearby too. A couple of whales have been spotted swimming thru it this year. It is the Cape.

2) Charlton - nostalgia as it was the second and only location for a while. Nice drafthouse/brewhouse and large surroundings. BT Smokehouse just down the road.

3) Deerfield - out in the Mass hills. Drafthouse is kinda blah but they hold concerts. You can golf, fly fish good rivers and hit a number of other good breweries and artsy stuff nearby.

4) Tewksbury - The clubhouse and landscaping is impressive. Probably better drafthouse than the Cape. However, your smack dab in 1950's suburbia before we put highways in. Clubhouse has many balconies and fire pits. Tiny parking lot but I've never had a problem.

One word.....Newretirement.com..guess that's a word? Pretty comprehensive but worth the $10/month to see if one is on track.
Thanks. I'm probably close. I just keep stashing tax free money in a hole and keep my head down. Plus I think I could wait for a little up tick in the economy in the next couple of years. My current job blows but is really no stress working at home

The only thing that confuses me with these estimators are they rely heavily on current salary. It'd be nice to continue to retire with something close to my salary but... Plus do you put a fully paid off house as assets?

Thanks. I'm probably close. I just keep stashing tax free money in a hole and keep my head down. Plus I think I could wait for a little up tick in the economy in the next couple of years. My current job blows but is really no stress working at home

The only thing that confuses me with these estimators are they rely heavily on current salary. It'd be nice to continue to retire with something close to my salary but... Plus do you put a fully paid off house as assets?
When I say comprehensive, I mean comprehensive. There's a free 2 week trial. But it's taken me about 6 weeks just to learn the ins and outs. You set up optimistic and pessimistic values for everything. It calculates opt/avg/pess numbers for you. Obviously, one has to know their budget, SSi numbers, savings numbers, assets, etc. Highly recommend to poke at it for a couple weeks. Besides $120 for just 1 year to find out where one stands.... priceless. You don't need anywhere near where the money changers, aka Fidelity, says you need. There's a lot of good YouTube videos on the psychology of retirement, especially early retirement. Look up Joe Kuhn.

OT, still on coffefe

Last edited:
This is my rankings of TH lo
4) Tewksbury - The clubhouse and landscaping is impressive. Probably better drafthouse than the Cape. However, your smack dab in 1950's suburbia before we put highways in. Clubhouse has many balconies and fire pits. Tiny parking lot but I've never had a problem.
Maybe I can talk work into sending me to Implant (semiconductor equipment) school again. We'd stay in Danvers but the class was in Gloucester. That was 25yrs ago tho...😲. Looks like I could hit a golf ball to there..or 2.

Back home and enjoying Homebrew Con 2023’s commemorative beer by Second Chance. They were giving out sample pours of this during the con and I did find it quite tasty.

Now that I can just sit, and enjoy it in my own quiet space…damn. This is great.

IMG_8219.jpeg

Back