What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some inspiration while brewing a NEIPA.
B9A9ABCD-3C21-4EC1-A126-43548C0FC0E2.jpeg

Saw this lime and Icelandic juniper pils for the first time and thought, "That's unique (weird)" so I had to try it. I get some lime aroma and taste that is pleasant. No juniper at all so it doesn't match the reviews I read. Then I check the bottom of the can...packaged April 2021. What a dope.🙁 It does taste pretty good, though.
IMG_20230422_163844.jpg

After another 14 hour Saturday shift I just had to stop at the local tap room.

Enjoying their weekly special, an English IPA, 5.2% ABV and 35 IBU

View attachment 818286
I hope that equals more beer money! I try to work 13hrs/day so it's like an extra day/month without actually going in. 😏

Weekend starts now! After a bit of sleep will begin brewing a old favorite WCIIPA

PXL_20230423_130426215.PORTRAIT.jpg

..Stone Ruination. Good stuff.

Before that I had the last one of the 3 bottles of Chimay I got in that sampler pack. The Blue one. Wow. Smooth for all that alcohol. I'll bet that one would have been so much better aged. I liked it, btu the white was BY FAR my favorite of the 3. No contest. Ever since I had that white one, I've been trying to find a recipe similar to it so I can brew it this summer. That was outstanding.
Weihenstephaner Helles 500ml can after a Paulaner Munich Lager 500ml can and - next?

HB Pilsner
I’ve been getting my butt kicked by a plumbing project at my old farm house. It seems like all the drains around here were scabbed together with what ever was lying around 70-80 years ago by my DIY grandfather.
F it, I’m going to rest and drink.
View attachment 818347
BTDT. Old houses in rural areas were often built by folks with more enthusiasm than ability. To be fair, their creations often last a long time but, when repairs become necessary, things can get…interesting.

OT, Big Sky APA. I like the label on this one (the beer is pretty good, too).
773ADCD1-36D4-47C8-989E-7AC81F95B540.jpeg

Rye amber ale. I don't have much experience with rye beers so thought I'd give it a try. I don't know if this is a good representation. Nice malty taste, a little sweet, balanced hops, medium mouth feel. Nice color. If it was served to me blind along side some all barley amber ales I don't think I could pick it out. Tasty beer, though.
IMG_20230423_171147.jpg

Back