What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some 13 year George Dickel while working on my weekly meal prep

PXL_20230730_214512035~2.jpg

Solid proof here, I resurrected my Oktoberfest Paulaner stein. Thus proving my wife was right after all, I don’t throw anything away. This thing came with a huge 1-Liter can of beer, great idea!

Today’s chug comes in the way of Veltins Pilsener. Notice the spelling – Pilsener rather than Pilsner. I hear they spell it differently in different areas. As long as it arrives in these hefty 16.9 oz/500 ml cans they could call it broccoli for all that I care. Pilsner in big cans - two fill the stein. It’s all good!

Veltins is a nice reliable Pilsner, similar to a Bitburger I’d say. Color is spot on, carbonation excellent, a solid finger of head – it’s all there and all together. Nice hoppiness, this is a clean beer, you could dump a full 1-Liter stein down the gullet without a blink. My kinda beer. What a country.

IMG_4835.jpeg

HB Vienna lager that I bottled for an event over the weekend that I ended up not attending.
View attachment 826126
I'm going to use that some day. "Honey, I'm going to brew 20gal of a Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout for a church event." 4 months later, "Yeah, I decided not to go...all mine I guess!" 😂

The devilish paring showed up again! Mason seems overly interested this time.

PXL_20230801_002129151.MP~2.jpg

I spent a couple of summers in the south when I was young and fell in love with hush puppies. As an adult I've been on a voyage to find anyone that would make them. So much so when I was down there a couple of years ago I found that a lot of people down there thought i had two heads when I asked if they made them.

Even deeper I was lucky enough to play golf with Jim Rice who's from the south. We were getting along pretty well as the round was going. I asked him if he knew what hush puppies were. We were friends after that and he hooked me up with locations in Boston.

These are foo foo hush puppies. Good but not the deep fried cr*p I had as kid.
PXL_20230731_223050963.jpg

OT: Old Rasputin with chowder and a slab of cod
PXL_20230731_225106623.jpg

Here's the barn. Ive run into those cows on the right while hiking. Yes. We've got a lot of rain this summer. Everything is greeen
PXL_20230731_232225887.jpg

I spent a couple of summers in the south when I was young and fell in love with hush puppies. As an adult I've been on a voyage to find anyone that would make them. So much so when I was down there a couple of years ago I found that a lot of people down there thought i had two heads when I asked if they made them.

Even deeper I was lucky enough to play golf with Jim Rice who's from the south. We were getting along pretty well as the round was going. I asked him if he knew what hush puppies were. We were friends after that and he hooked me up with locations in Boston.

These are foo foo hush puppies. Good but not the deep fried cr*p I had as kid.
View attachment 826131

OT: Old Rasputin with chowder and a slab of cod
View attachment 826132
Here's the barn. Ive run into those cows on the right while hiking
View attachment 826133
That's a great story! Enjoy watching your travels....

That's a great story! Enjoy watching your travels....
I think this is my local bar. Spent the day renting a truck and moving some stuff for a friend. I wanted to try some new breweries but everyone is closed on Mondays except for this place. Good bar menu and scenery

PS I dropped a crazy 40' birdie putt on Jim's head on a par 5. I walked off the green. "can you get that for me!"

Last edited:
Here's the barn. Ive run into those cows on the right while hiking.

The Spousal Unit and I are big fans of Gibbet Hill. We've booked the silo a few times over the years for family events. Great food and we love the chill atmosphere.

I was reading that this July was the wettest on record locally. Our pond usually is a good couple of feet below its overflow pipe this time of year but today it was running hot through the pipe that eventually ends up in the Assabet River...

Does Jim Rice play at Wedgewood? Big guy like that I'd have figured he'd be slamming the long par 5s at the International in Bolton 😁

Cheers!

I really like drinking water out of this glass for some reason. I was going to do the same…but then..light bulb. “I could drink another beer…and…I don’t think I’ve ever drank a homebrew out of this glass. Well, that seems unlikely but…it also doesn’t seem right!!!!”

Same ol NEPA, still delish!

IMG_8383.jpeg

Back