What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIZZLE said:
My buddy is on his way back from Florida with a few things from cigar city stuff and that is one of them:)

Hopefully he got close enough to Tampa to get you the good sniz (Jai-Alai is my every day ipa). They make the most amazing stouts I have ever tasted. Epic stuff. Don't believe me? Check out Beer Advocate and Ratebeer ( not directed at you Nizzle, tons of haters out there).

MrNickVT said:
Jai-Alai keeps popping up everywhere. I must try

We can do this. I must admit, most of the Jai-Alai love comes from me (trades and otherwise). Cigar City's next big release is in May (Zhukov), pm me and I will hook you up with some 750's.

Blackfoot IPA on tap 'meetings' all night.. open bar.

ForumRunner_20130411_181536.png

We can do this. I must admit, most of the Jai-Alai love comes from me (trades and otherwise). Cigar City's next big release is in May (Zhukov), pm me and I will hook you up with some 750's.
That would be sweet. I could do 750 Hill Farmsteads or Heady Topper

Cream of 3 Crops. This stuff goes down waaay too easy. I'm thinking it would be even better with oats, and served on nitro. Well, I know what my next experimental batch is going to be...

Edit: I have a Marshall El Cucuy (black IPA) up on deck. After a little aging, this stuff is getting really good. Not as good as Wookie Jack though, but close...

Just smacked-up a Young's Double Chocolate Stout and a Southern Tier 2x (double) Stout.

MrNickVT said:
WesleyS I love that Hopadillo creature on the can.

Yeah, I like the label. It's a local beer brewed here in Houston from my favorite local brewery.
They have a can shaped glass that matches that's pretty sweet. Here's a picture from home of it.

image-1984319545.jpg

Scheduled first tasting of the Old Jubilation Clone. Super dangerous. Only 2 weeks in the bottle, and not a hint of alcohol heat. Brambling cross hops were subbed for buillon, bitterness was full (in a good way), and went well with the malt bill. Super smooth, the glass was empty real fast!! I like this one... A lot!

Not really sure what I am drinking right now. I just kegged a irish red that I messed with a little but it filled up my 10 gallon coney and my last batch of flat tire was down to the last gallon so what the heck poured it right in on top. Not bad at all. Seems the abv must be up there somewhere.....

Oh and Im drinking it out of a sonic 44 oz cup AHHHH

I heard that stuff SUCKS!! JK been meaning to get over to grand haven.

Thats ok more for me lol. But Greenbush is in Sawyer. Maybe your thinking of Odd Side Ales?
Edit: Odd Side is effin awesome! I always leave with two 32oz howlers and a 64oz growler

Frige said:
Not really sure what I am drinking right now. I just kegged a irish red that I messed with a little but it filled up my 10 gallon coney and my last batch of flat tire was down to the last gallon so what the heck poured it right in on top. Not bad at all. Seems the abv must be up there somewhere.....

Oh and Im drinking it out of a sonic 44 oz cup AHHHH

44oz cup like a champ

Never heard of either. Need to get to the other side more often.

They just started bottling about a month ago (Greenbush) and been getting good reviews. Brother Benjamin got pretty high reviews in Chicago newspaper ( not sure which)

And Oddside who also started bottling was named by Food Republic as one of Top 10 breweries ready to blow up in 2013

Back