What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teaching a cpr class tomorrow morning, Going to the Warriors / Kings game tomorrow night, then a charter boat to catch some rockfish and lingcod on Sunday. Damn algae bloom , was suppose to be able to pull some crab pots but they closed the season in California for now. I guess it's a good thing, I prefer my crab without demoic acid.

Bottling my Funktown IIPA and mixed culture Saison mk 2, then oil change and regrouting the bathroom.

Not sure my hands will be clean all weekend:

Friday...replaced the studs screwed up by the tire shop on the Volvo and did rear brakes while I was in there...and the throttle body cleaning while I was waiting on parts.

Saturday...transmission diagnosis on the Racevan, more theme prep to make it the Imperial Shuttle, rear brake rebuild.

Sunday...Front suspension on the tow vehicle, installing GIANT tow mirrors and finally getting rid of the original mangled bumper for junkyard clean one. This thing has to be ready for a 1200 mile tow in February and it is just old enough to not have a rack-and-pinion steering so it is a learning experience...there are like 20 places that can be the source of the steering slop.

Next weekend I brew my Dark Mild winter session beer.

Going hunting!

BuckZilla.jpg

If LHBS answers the phone at 11:05am and adds an ounce of Columbus to my order, I'm not sure what else I'm doing. Whatever swmbo says I guess, or whatever romantic thing I can come up with. Any suggestions...

Romantic - telling her you'll give her breakfast in bed the next morning.

Not so much - going to make said breakfast, getting involved in kitchen stuff, maybe tweaking a recipe, then looking up to see it's 3 hours later and she isn't even in the house anymore.

;)

Need to bottle 50 litres of wine, 25 litres of cider and 25 litres of beer. Then my fermenters are free again!

Going to see my little 7-year-old niece be a mouse in a professional production of The Nutcracker.

Installing new sway bar bushings, stabilizer links, rotors and brake pads and changing the oil in my car. [emoji22]

I need to do my rear brakes that went out & lost hydraulic pressure. Every year about now the same thing. Got Christmas online orders coming in too. My new "L" shaped desk should be coming in, then it'll be prime & paint time as well for the man cave.

Working at the Motorcycle Show at the Javits Center in NYC (Sat and Sun). Look for me at the Yamaha display, ask for Tom.

Tom at toy run.jpg

And next weekend's activity...moving him back into the basement at your place?

Actually, you aren't that far off. He has until the end of spring to find a real job or he moves back home. If he could he would live out of his car and do rock climbing competitions. He's also applied to teach English in Spain, because Spain has some really good rock climbing supposedly. Oh to be young and carefree again. "Boy is he in for a rude awakening!"

Actually, you aren't that far off. He has until the end of spring to find a real job or he moves back home. If he could he would live out of his car and do rock climbing competitions. He's also applied to teach English in Spain, because Spain has some really good rock climbing supposedly. Oh to be young and carefree again. "Boy is he in for a rude awakening!"

Hey, though I was a very responsible recent graduate...owned a house, graduated with whopping $1500 in student loans, etc. I lucked into a very cool internship in Europe or I would likely have regretted NOT acting like him. I was three weeks away from drop-dead admissions deadline for MBA acceptance when I got the internship so it saved me (somewhat) from going down a hard-core corporate drone path.

Having been in Spain recently tell him to go for it. I think everyone (if they can afford to do so) should take a year off either between HS and College or College and the Corporate world to bum around the world. I know I wish I did. I spent a week in late Sept/early Nov this year hiking the Camino and am going to figure out a way to finish it next year if I can. Once you join the corporate world its hard to get the time to go on an adventure. How else will your kid get pictures taken of themselves with tigers and elephants to put up on hookup internet sites?

Having been in Spain recently tell him to go for it. I think everyone (if they can afford to do so) should take a year off either between HS and College or College and the Corporate world to bum around the world. I know I wish I did. I spent a week in late Sept/early Nov this year hiking the Camino and am going to figure out a way to finish it next year if I can. Once you join the corporate world its hard to get the time to go on an adventure. How else will your kid get pictures taken of themselves with tigers and elephants to put up on hookup internet sites?

His mom wants him to go straight to work, but I understand and would support him to do something he would have less chance of doing later in life. I had always thought I'd hike the Appalachian trail, but went straight from final exam to corporate world. Maybe when I retire in several years and if my knees hold up till then...

Do it. And if you want do it weekend warrior style. Do day hikes. My father (the one who got me hiking the camino and has completed it) goes out and has done the App trail section by section throughout WVA and half of VA and MD. It is a great way to spend a pretty weekend when you have enough beer in the pipeline. Plus it allows you to get in good enough of shape incrementally that you do not kill yourself when you eventually do long hiking.

Not sure if you are there yet or not, but my father got the senior citizen pass to the national parks and gets a greatly reduced rate when he goes hiking.

His mom wants him to go straight to work, but I understand and would support him to do something he would have less chance of doing later in life. I had always thought I'd hike the Appalachian trail, but went straight from final exam to corporate world. Maybe when I retire in several years and if my knees hold up till then...

Or your back, your hip joints....Try hard not to wind up like me. Got worked too hard for too long at Ford. Getting left hip replaced. ha. Me & the car both need new ball joints. Anyway, I wanted to do all that stuff when I retired. so much for that idea. Do it while your young, 'cause with age, there ain't no guarantees!

Or your back, your hip joints....Try hard not to wind up like me. Got worked too hard for too long at Ford. Getting left hip replaced. ha. Me & the car both need new ball joints. Anyway, I wanted to do all that stuff when I retired. so much for that idea. Do it while your young, 'cause with age, there ain't no guarantees!

Funny how that works. Every time I complain about something new aching to my dad he smiles and says "well, it gets worse with age"...:)

Kinda like when her parents were still alive. We went over for a visit, groaned while attempting to sit on the couch. I then said, " ya know, this aging shiz works"! He laughed heartily at that remark, with that, " i tol ya, I tol ya!" look on his face...Guess he was waitin' for that one?:D

It's supposed to be in the 60's today through Sunday. gotta sand, primer & paint a good part of the man cave/brewery, now that my new "L" shaped desk is here. gotta get some video too. At least things like the printer & tower will be easier at hand at that point.

60's this weekend!!! Back on the road bike (pedals!), both days for some long rides. Oh how great it is to get in rides this time of year (Pa). Perfect weather for it, can't wait, and glad I brewed last weekend- was a nice sunny brewing day too.

Oh yeah! Couldn't have planned it better! It'll feel good to get a couple more things done to the man cave/brewery, in my case. Ya don't get too many chances for warm-weather stuff in December!...:ban:

Back