What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My middle son had a volleyball tournament yesterday.

Today I get to continue putting up the basement wall covering (reclaimed pallet wood )

Sat. - installing a whole house surge protector for a customer. Sun. - installing a circuit breaker interlock kit (instead of a generator transfer switch), exterior receptacle, yadda, yadda, yadda. Each job shouldn't take too long, there's about 40 minutes each way drive. Some time bullshi... fostering customer relations. Get home, un-bottle some beer and cook dinner. Oh yeah, another honey do before I leave tomorrow am. Re-doing the kitchen removed the doorbell. Gotta re-install it before I leave.

Gotta shop for Halloween today & help the wife get the Halloween buffet going tomorrow. Ordered a new MSD 6AL ignition box for my tuner. Original equipment one getting tired. Gotta order the gruit ingredients from my PM mumme' from http://wildweeds.com/index.html* no secure pay, so used this one; http://www.herbco.com/
I'll look at what grains I have stashed before ordering all that & the yeast. The grocery stores should have the whole herbs & spices I don't need to special order?

I'll be pouring home brewed Belgian Golden Strong and Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout during the dessert course of a charity fundraiser this Sunday. Should be fun.

Prepping the Volvo for winter including long overdue preventative maint items.

Starting to prep the old truck for 1300 mile tow with a 9000# trailer. Last three have gone pretty well (not a totally full load either) but since this will be in the dead of winter and I have already done about 2500 miles of towing this year...not worth taking a chance. The truck is older than one of my teammates and it has 251K hard working miles under its wheels.

My middle son wanted biscuits-n-gravy with scrambled eggs for breakfast, so we got together on that for the family. Then my youngest son & I helped with carving jack o' lanterns & helped with prep for the buffet later. Cut a ton of chicken strips from boneless/skinless breasts to bread & fry later too. My back hurts...I think I've earned the Dale's pale ale & old Rasputin later...

Went out to the kelp beds Sunday and smacked down a big grumpy calico and a mess of rockfish. This is why I live in San Diego. A 15 foot boat sportfishing in the ocean in November? Yes, thank you!

My intern goes back to Brazil later this week after a year in the US, so we're having a going away potluck for her. She wanted to try all the American foods she didn't get time to try while here. I promised real, genuine, fish tacos made from all local ingredients, and I delivered!

Calico1.jpg

Calico2.jpg

Calico3.jpg

Went out to the kelp beds Sunday and smacked down a big grumpy calico and a mess of rockfish. This is why I live in San Diego. A 15 foot boat sportfishing in the ocean in November? Yes, thank you!

My intern goes back to Brazil later this week after a year in the US, so we're having a going away potluck for her. She wanted to try all the American foods she didn't get time to try while here. I promised real, genuine, fish tacos made from all local ingredients, and I delivered!

Your beer choice is very appropriate

I'll be doing Learn to Homebrew Day with my club at a local brewery on Saturday. Sunday is North London Derby day, so I'll probably head to the pub up the hill for the match and have a few pints while I'm at it. COYS!

It's almost the end of the school year for us so I'll be marking Year 7 and 8 final exams and writing student reports. Fun times.

Depending on their results, I might need a homebrew or two!

Gotta see what grains I have to find out what I need to order for the mumme'. Need to research the gruits more for that one too.

Takin the wife to Vegas!

Her birthday is Nov 6th, so I pretty much never have an opportunity for the Homebrew holiday. Something younger brewers should consider when picking a mate. :ban:

Working through the weekend again, I've had few days off since August.

Prenatal classes Friday night and Saturday. hopefully brew a milk stout Sunday if I can get building Saturday.

I'm on call all weekend so I have to limit my drinking and can't start a 6 hour batch of beer just on the off chance someone calls me out to a jobsite. So I'll keg my wheat saison and watch football sober.

Cleaning the house then driving to Michigan. Need house to be clean before pumpkin beer tasting next Saturday!

Just bottled my bourbon barrel porter. Man I forgot how much I dislike bottling! On deck is @Oldsock Softer, Jucier, & Uglier APA. I hope to get that in this Saturday depending on when I get home from hanging out at Other Half. If not, next Saturday for sure

Latest posts

Back