Westvleteren XII 6 Pack - to drink, sell, trade, or age?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nextgenxx

Reaction score
So my wife got me this six pack last Xmas. I haven't done anything other then look at the bottles then store it them in with my wife's wine collection.

My question is should I sell em', drink em', trade, or age them? If I hold on to them for any longer how should they be aged or do they only have a limited lifespan? I kind of do and don't want to try them, but just don't know...

What would you do?

I think the general consensus on the westie 12s is that they're not the greatest beers for aging, but if you have all six I'd be inclined to lay one or two down just to see for myself. They were given to you as a gift from your wife, so you should keep them for yourself. I'd say drink them all, even if you age one or two. I got two from my brother for christmas and drank one about a month ago, and will probably have the second soon. Keep the bottles. I wouldn't ever think about selling or trading away such a special gift.

I'll probably end up just keeping them since they were a gift. I just knew they were hard to get and people were making some $ on them a while ago.

So since you have tried one, do you think they are as good as they say?

I was just thinking if I do keep them could I capture some of the yeast and make a starter? Is it unfiltered beer?

Drink them.

Drink one now, another in a few months. Space out the timing of the ones you drink to see how they age.

You should definitely drink most of them. However, you might be able to use one (along with another good beer in your cellar) with the HBT craft brew MAW and then get some other beers you've always wanted to try in return. Click the link in my signature if you want more info.

To drinking good beer!

image-2592985815.jpg

image-2952987407.jpg

image-3943101966.jpg

Drink one and then decide.....I would probably sell one or two. But then again....if you really enjoy it....

Back