Wedding beer suggestions needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorado68

Reaction score
My oldest son and best girlfriend gets married sept 18 in vail thjs year. Would love to hear from others a recomondation for ag light, not ipa, easy drunker for the masses .
alrrady have a peanutbutter stout and a westlaven but felt a lighter more subdued offering could balalnce out the party. Maybe a kolch.?
Love to hear some other ides, pairings call it, to round out the already brewed beers.

would love some ideas/feedback! Thank you

Cream of Three Crops, Centennial Blonde, Yoopers House Pale Ale are always crowd favorites.

There is an interesting looking ginger beer in the recipes section. I only say ginger beer because my wife has been after me to make one.

My oldest son and best girlfriend gets married sept 18 in vail thjs year. Would love to hear from others a recomondation for ag light, not ipa, easy drunker for the masses .

alrrady have a peanutbutter stout and a westlaven but felt a lighter more subdued offering could balalnce out the party. Maybe a kolch.?

Love to hear some other ides, pairings call it, to round out the already brewed beers.

would love some ideas/feedback! Thank you

I'd go w/ a Kölsch or perhaps the Centennial Blonde. Good gateway beers for non craft crowd.

I'll also put in a vote for Centennial Blonde. It's light enough for BMC drinkers to enjoy, but with enough taste and flavor for IPA drinkers to also appreciate.

If it's a big wedding, another advantage to Centennial Blonde is its a relatively cheap beer to brew!

Yeah, weddings are strange beasts in that you tend to see more Budlight(or in Vail Coors light ?) drinkers than craft beer drinkers. I would agree with the Centennial blonde- it's an easy drinker that even BL drinkers seem to appreciate. Also agree that a Kolsch would be another good choice. My wife likes that when she says that even my Centennial is too hoppy.

Can you do lagers? A pilsner would be great. Light, crisp, crystal clear, long lasting head. A few issues back BYO magazine published firestone walkers Pivo Pils. I brewed it and it was very tasty.

There is a thread around here somewhere with wedding beer names. TBH, 70% are variations on "Ball and Chain Ale" but there are some gems like Hoppily Ever After and For Richer or for Porter.

There is a thread around here somewhere with wedding beer names. TBH, 70% are variations on "Ball and Chain Ale" but there are some gems like Hoppily Ever After and For Richer or for Porter.

I love that line, our last name is Porter. I see lables already.
thanks!:rockin:

I just built a jockey box and served up 5 gallons of Centennial Blonde at my brother's wedding last weekend. I live in a 2-college town in Texas, so there's a pretty diverse mix of BMC fans and crafters, and everyone loved it.

As outlined in previous comments, my total cost was less than $20/batch, so it was an incredibly inexpensive option (I served 5, kept 5).

ed: Also worth noting: a little less than 3 weeks G2G, so the turnaround for it is super fast if you end up being starved for time.

Fruit beer! Man i love vail. My in-laws have a place and that's the time of year we like to go. Congratulations, if you need any restaurant recommendations please PM me.

I did a raspberry wheat beer for mine last year. turned out phenomenal. Pasteurized the raspberries and added them to the fermenter for the final 4 days of a 14 day fermentation in primary then put to the keg and co2.

Back