We aren't always completely what we post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worksnorth

Reaction score
There is a fella on here, never read any of his stuff before, who was disgustingly negative about a certain subject.
I had wrote a blistering reply, full of swear words and rude stuff that probably never would have seen the light of day.
Anyway, I deleted it and went to the fella's past posts. Wanted to hate him some more! Found out that he had some really intelligent posts and was rather helpful to lots of people. Not sure what his trip was on the subject I had initially seen him on but it wasn't typical of him.
I'm slightly drunken, or I never would have posted this. But..... We are not always, what we post.
Sucks cause I was wanting to rip him up.
Cheers!

Pretty cool post. Hey, I think more than some of us post here a little toasted from time to time. This is a homebrewing sight, people of like mind post here for the cause of beer and to shoot the breeze. Sometimes a fella or gal might get a little nuts and wish they hadn't posted what they did but it happens. For the most part people seem to get along here, if they want to argue there's the debate forum, it they want to talk beer and brewing there are plenty of those threads. If they want to rant or vent there is the Drunken Rambling forums. Overall, I think most everybody that post here find their niche.. Maybe the guy was having an off day.

I'm thinking he was having an off day. I'm just glad that i didn't make it worse! : )

I've had a few morning where I go through my replies on other boards and am surprised by how much I posted. For better or worse.

I'm guilty of posting to General Chitchat when I should be posting to Drunken Ramblings.

Thing that stinks about the intertubes is you just get the words, not the body language or the tone of voice.

Thing that stinks about the intertubes is you just get the words, not the body language or the tone of voice.

I hate that. It has caused me more problems than I can remember. One thing I came to the conclusion of is that at least one friend of mine and I need to stop trying to communicate via the written word. The message never seems to get conveyed clearly and it causes arguments that don't need to be had because we're both on the same page in reality.

It can be most difficult to convey your actual meaning on forums which sometimes leads to you looking like an arse when you weren't trying. Other people's reading comprehension isn't always what it should be either, especially after a homebrew or twelve.

Either way, having an argument over the internet is just the most counter productive thing you can do. Too much time to carefully consider and craft a snarky response, which only leads to escalation from the other party ad nauseum.

Glad you took the high road and let it be.

See, I was going to type something to the effect that I thought the OP was talking about Creamy until he got to the part about finding intelligent and helpful posts...

But I held back.

;)

Ok now thats just mean Homer... I'm going to go get in touch with my feelings now. Don't mind me... *sniff*

I generally try not to put too much stock in what people say on the internet, or get wrapped around the axle about it either. The least of your worries should be on a homebrew website...I mean c'mon it's just beer...

Haha! That's what I noticed about this forum as opposed to any others that I frequent. The majority of people on here are very friendly and open to new ideas and opinions.

Or maybe it's just because we are all drunk on the good stuff?

Haha! That's what I noticed about this forum as opposed to any others that I frequent. The majority of people on here are very friendly and open to new ideas and opinions.

Or maybe it's just because we are all drunk on the good stuff?

Pretty much...:mug:

Im new to this place and already have been guilty of PUI. Working on it again right now. WTF. Its a forum about BEER! Of course its gonna get like that.

And to the OP.

Sorry.

(JIC its me...and where are the shifty eyes smilies?)

Regardless of what I've been drinking or what kind of day I've been having, if I catch myself writing something negative directed at an individual, I have the habit of always waiting a day before posting (this applies to anything on the Internet, not just HBT). One of two things invariably occurs: 1) I delete the message, or 2) I PM it.

I think that the latter case is the only thing that's ever justified. That's what the private messaging feature is for, and anything else, IMHO, is just flaming, and more for the benefit of showing off to the rest of the audience than for any impact it's going to have on the individual involved.

Besides, any serious discussion on the Internet (apart from technical stuff like here on HBT) is like trying to win the Olympic 100m freestyle in a wading pool.

Latest posts

Back