Watermelon [emoji525]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamiltonkiler

Reaction score
Turned out really well. I’m impressed and like the hue of the wine. It has rested in the last racked carboy for 7 months.
Mid July and it will be a year old.

I used the O 5 gal bucket method.

Includes a 5gal bucket of chopped cubed watermelon.
Tannin
A couple table spoons of lemon juice
2 cups of white raisins
10# wine sugar diluted in warm water
The pectic enzyme
And some campden tablets

Wait..

Pitched D-47

Covered and gave her 7days of making magic.
Topped up with clean water.
Racked over a few times.. [emoji95]
IMG_1059.jpg

The pink tent is nice.
Nice and bodied. Lays on the palate soft with notes of watermelon.

Last edited:
D-47 does to me preserve delicate fruits flavor better than 1118 imo. Fermentation is a little slower and steadier. Does well at room 70* temps.

Last edited:
I like the flavor profile from D47 but it tends to stick even under modest conditions of 65F, 21 initial brix, decent pH and sufficient nutrients. It also tends to bleach color a bit from rose wines. Looking for a more robust and capable white wine yeast.

If you want to keep the color, perhaps adding a little something for color would help. Some dark reddish fruit skins maybe?

Great idea.
I love how bendable fruit wine is. Maybe let Cherry skins for a month sit in the carboy with it. I’ll try that next maybe.

Strawberries will be ripe and ready to pick in the next few months. So my carboys will be full until July.

Latest posts

Back