Water Report Help !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIAB-Tim

Reaction score
IMG_2674.PNG
Someone tell me what type of style is this water good for ! I want to brew a Brown Ale & porters what do you think I need to add if anything! Thanks

Last edited:
Types of beer: None. The iron is at three times what brewers will typically accept.

Are you sure? I read that report to advise that no iron was detected.

Whilst this forum appears to me to be dominated by proponents of RO water or even less mineral content if you can get it, you have water that gives you free range to determine brewing whatever you wish. Halfway through this extract of the Handbook of Brewing is most of a chapter about water for brewing. You might care to give it a once over, or more.

For brown ales and porters I would advise you start by adding a gram calcium chloride and half a gram gypsum to each US gallon of liquor used, but I am British. I'm sure you will be given a lot more scientific advice by others, but being unsure what equipment is at your disposal, you should find the resulting beer to be better than that produce by a stab in the dark

What I am sure of is that when paging down on my i phone my eye rolled over into the MCL coliumn and iron indeed actually N/D. Sorry about that. Having removed iron from consideration as a disqualification we find we have a pretty nominal water here. The modest alkalinity can be easily neutralized with a bit of acid (malt or bottle derived) or dilutes away with RO for light beers and one can, of course, boost the other ions by dumping in salts till the water is crunchy of one wants too. Thus this water could potentially be used for a wide spectrum of styles.

View attachment 600674
What I am sure of is that when paging down on my i phone my eye rolled over into the MCL coliumn and iron indeed actually N/D. Sorry about that. Having removed iron from consideration as a disqualification we find we have a pretty nominal water here. The modest alkalinity can be easily neutralized with a bit of acid (malt or bottle derived) or dilutes away with RO for light beers and one can, of course, boost the other ions by dumping in salts till the water is crunchy of one wants too. Thus this water could potentially be used for a wide spectrum of styles.
Thanks AJ !

Back