water in my fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
i recently got a superior kegerator that ive been working on. its a bev-air bm-23 fright with a superior name plate on the front.

i repainted it and cleaned it up. i threw a new tower on top and plugged it in.

its nice and cold, but there is tons of condensation building up inside and the floor is soaking wet.

i let it run while i was away over the weekend. i got home and there was about a half a cup on water in the bottom of the fridge and a puddle on the outside of it.

what can i do to stop this from building up. there is a small hole drilled in the side of the fridge where the previous owner drilled for the co2 line. i havent plugged it yet. is there a chance that the humidity is coming in through that hole? the hole is only about the size of a dime.

here is a pic of the fridge.
Jun16_0001.jpg

Jun16_0002.jpg

ok, i think i figured out where its coming from, i just dont understand how. if you look at the bottom picture, there is the hose that is supposed to blow cold air up into the tower.

where the hise attaches, there is an area right under that that was wet and i was water dripping from there. i just dont know how or why.

Jun16_0002-1.jpg

Most likely you have a clogged drain line. Condensation leaks off the coil that is in the upper housing behind that fan. From the picture the drain line comes off the center of it then runs down the back wall of the unit. This would normally allow the water to drain down into a pan in the lower area where the compressor is to be evaporated out. If this line is clogged it will overflow the pan then leak inside the fridge area. Look in the back underneath for the pan and the drain line going into it. A lot of times you can run a piece of wire up through the line to clear it out. If it is really clogged badly you may have to put in a new drain line.

Thanks for the tip. I checked under the fridge and I shook the hose around a little. A few drops of what looked like thick mud came out. I am assuming the hose is clogged. Tomorrow I'll try to run a wire up it if I can't get it clear it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to replace.

Latest posts

Back