Wastewater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthropod

Reaction score
Currently my brewing situation is a mess, I have stuff stored all around my house. My house is big, so I have to go here and there. I have enough space to make a brewery in my detached garage. I have water there, but I don't have any tie in to my septic tank. So my question is what to do with the wastewater? I have a pond, I could drain to, but that doesn't sound healthy for my fish. Start san, PBW, yeast. I guess I could pump it to a tank and use it for watering my garden, but once again chemicals etc. Any thoughts?

I'd put it on the yard or in the garden...........

agree....your "chemicals" that you are using will not mess with your plants. I use a 250 gallon rain water collection tank that used to store liquid smoke. I would NEVER drink from it but watering the garden is no big deal at all.

250 gallons of liquid smoke? Holy crap.

i also think you are fine to just drain it out wherever is convenient. When you look at starsan it is in the 300ppm range for actual use. Mix that with however much water and you are in the ppb measurement range before it gets diluted in the lawn or flowers.

It would be awesome to have a separate garage to call the brewery!

Back