Was there a shortage of Stone Old Guardian in 2012?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apendecto

Reaction score
I've been picking up a bottle of this each year and it looks like I missed out on last years.

Usually the beer stores I frequent have some older stuff and it seems like the 2012 Stone Old Guardian got scooped up and is gone. About this time last year, there were cases of the previous years stuff around this time.

Did they make less? Less distribution?

Anyone have a bottle they want to get rid of? :(

Seems like I bought a bunch of 2012. I don't think there was a shortage.

Your profile says you're in Taylor, MI. If you have reason to get up that way, the bottle shop in Brighton (Canopy) had two years of Old Guardian on the shelf a few months ago. I know that doesn't help much. Sorry.

Yea canopy bottle in Brighton probably has the best selection in Michigan. If you want it they got it.

Merchants didn't. Discount Drinks in Wyandotte didn't. A couple of places in Ann Arbor that have big selections didn't. French Landing in Belleville didn't...

But check this out...I go to Canopy in Brighton and they do have a ton of stuff. The guy is giving me the eye the whole time and following me around the store. And yelled at me when I looked in some Stone Bomber box off to the side.

They do have Old Guardian...2010, 2011 regular release, 2011 odd year release and 2013. How strange and the strange guy really put me off to that place.

How about Wine Palace at Middlebelt and Schoolcraft? I stopped there this summer and was impressed.

Also try Beer Baron I think its in Dearborn my buddy was able to get Bells Black Note from them and that was super rare

Back