Was going to buy a Carboy Cleaner kit, but WAY too expensive

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usfmikeb

Reaction score
Those things might have $5 worth of parts in them, and they want $37.50? Just plain outrageous...

Sure, but like anything its the convenience you're paying for. I'm sure I've seen a post on here where someone was making their own, this sounds like a good start to a DIY build thread for you! Stainless post, drill, chamois cloth (or Shamwow!) and some way to attach it to the post, and you're good to go!

I don't "Clean" carboys.. I let them sit overnight or a day w/Oxi-Clean and then they rinse everthing away

I don't "Clean" carboys.. I let them sit overnight or a day w/Oxi-Clean and then they rinse everthing away

+.9 - I've yet to have to leave the Oxy soak for longer than a few hours before all the inner crusties have dropped to the bottom.

Before, and three hours later.
ab_jan_04_2012_07.jpg

ab_jan_04_2012_10.jpg

My carboy brush hasn't been used in like a year. It's a sad, lonely carboy brush...

Cheers!

Yep, I struggled for years trying to scrub out carboys until I learned on this forum the magic of Oxy Clean. 1/2 to 1/4 scoop, warm water and an overnight soak and they're as absolutely clean as can be. ZERO effort! It's made me lazy - my carboys sit around for days sometimes and the Oxy Clean gets 'em sparkling clean every time.

Back