Want to build a brew counter sans stainless - options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking to build an 8 ft cabinet/counter to do all my brewing but without stainless counter. Any other good options? Was thinking either a cheap Formica or maybe a quartz top? Something easy to clean. Thoughts?

8' is big, beyond remnant, but don't hesitate to stop by a stone yard and look at granite and other real stone....especially for what you are doing. You might find some 'scratch and dent' or cheaper options than quartz. I got a very high end granite for cheap in my beer kitchen area because the sizes I needed fit within a remnant piece.

Maybe you can find some used counters and cabinets on craigslist or marketplace. I was concerned about electric brewing on formica, so I set my BK on a board on the formica. When I moved I bought the wood workbench from Harbor Freight. I figured its got a wood top and drawers, plus a shelf underneath for pumps and would cost less than building a similar workbench.

Maybe you can find some used counters and cabinets on craigslist or marketplace. I was concerned about electric brewing on formica, so I set my BK on a board on the formica. When I moved I bought the wood workbench from Harbor Freight. I figured its got a wood top and drawers, plus a shelf underneath for pumps and would cost less than building a similar workbench.
this was a year ago. Hopefully he found countertops by now

Back