Want to bolt a 3" dual tap tower on an Igloo 6.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldskewl

Reaction score
I've had my Igloo 6.0 kegerator for over a year now and I want 2 beers on tap. The tower that came with it is 2 1/2". I've seen someone on the forum squeeze a second shank into a 2 1/2" tower. But it takes the right shank and the right tools. The other option is to bolt on a 3" dual tap tower. I just don't want to brick my fridge. I posted a few questions in the walmart Igloo kegerator thread, but I am not getting any response. I even sent a few PMs to people that said they intended to convert one. So has anyone had any luck bolting on a 3" tower to this kegerator? Thanks for any advice!

I'll give it a shot...........When folks convert a dorm fridge or the like, into a kegerator, they usually probe around with something between the inner and outer skin, through a small hole, looking for refrigerant lines, before committing to the large hole.

You already have at least a.....2 inch hole, yes?

Get to probin'!
You should be able to tell where the lines are located, and you may not have to open up the existing hole, to run another beer line through it.

You need only be aware, ( I would think!), as to where your larger tower's mount holes will "fall out", and insure there are no coolant lines there.
Not real familiar with the towers, but is the bottom mount ring "fixed" to the column, or will it "spin" on the column?

Get after it!
You shoulda' been drinkin' from that second tap by now!............:D

Sorry guys. After about a week I gave up on anyone answering my thread. No I have not done anything as I have a 1/4 keg in there now.

The beer lines will fit through the hole no problem. It would be nice to open it up some more to help tower cooling. My biggest fear is the mounting screws of the new tower. You wouldn't think there would be anything real close to that hole.

Back