Vintage Kegerator Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Liking the project more after every post. I wanna find one now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Indeed it is powerful, as the emperor has foreseen!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The handle is finally on. Now I can put it back together.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406778069.410732.jpg

Awesome, what a beaut, now the question is what will be the first beer to tap?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

There's a summer stout in there right now! Trying to decide what to whip up next for the other tap.

Just some Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy...rattle can.

Ryan, I am amazed you were able to get those results with Rattle cans. Fantastic work. I would have bet the farm on that being a thousand dollar paint sprayer job. I love the chalkboard stripe as well.

Ryan, I am amazed you were able to get those results with Rattle cans. Fantastic work. I would have bet the farm on that being a thousand dollar paint sprayer job. I love the chalkboard stripe as well.

Building the paint booth in my garage helped a lot. Reduced the chances of overspray landing on the fridge. You'd be amazed at how well that appliance epoxy levels out...it's an awesome product.

Finally done. I painted the chalkboard stripe last night.

Excellent job on this - especially with the paint. Looks really sharp. I dig the chalkboard stripe. It looks sort of similar to my rig... except way cooler and fancier.

Cheers man.

Thanks! It was fun, for sure. I can't take credit for the idea of the chalkboard stripe though. I was inspired by someone else's vintage fridge, and they had done that.

Thanks kerber! I still like yours better, but I'm pretty darn happy with mine. Thanks for doing the write-up on yours because that really helped.

I'm glad I my experimentation and write up helped out! I hope yours gets as much attention as mine does at parties. Instant cred with the fellow brewers ;)

I'm getting ready to drill holes in the same style fridge. I noticed that you don't have the insulated drain pan, and that you drilled where it would have been.

I'm thinking about drilling my holes in the same spot, but I was wondering if there are any issues with freezing with the lines do close to the coils.

I'm using am inkbird temperature controller, so I'm thinking without the insulated pan separating the coils, the freezer section won't need to get as cold as it normally would.

How has your setup been?

Latest posts

Back