Vibrations from dryer during fermenting??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dday515

Reaction score
So, my first brew is fermenting in my pantry floor right now. Right next to it, is our laundry room.

Tonight, while the wash was finishing, I noticed that there is a steady, dull vibration while the dryer is running. I mean, the fermenter is steady and not moving, but there is a mild vibration.

Is there anything to be concerned about? There is airlock activity, but I'm super scared of something messing up my brew!

Simple answer is I do not think you have reason to be concerned.
As long as temperature remains within range and minimal exposure to light, you should be fine.

Well, your batch of beer is basically a giant vat of procreating yeast, so...... if the the carboy is a rockin, don't come a knockin. :)

During active fermentation, that is fine. When you get to the point where the beer is clearing out, you'll want to put is someplace where it is undisturbed. It wouldn't actually hurt the beer, but I'm sure a constant vibration would prolong the settling process.

Back