Ventalation/Exhaust Fan sources

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly

Reaction score
I am developing a 12 by 19' dedicated brewing facility. It will be a three season brewing facility.

My brewing set up includes a single stage duel 170BTU L.P. burners.

I have a double door set up to the outdoors, two windows located nest the the brew rig and a door opening into my wood shop. I have an 18" X 12" vent located above my brew rig.

I need an exhaust fan and am unsure how much power I need to exhaust the fumes from my burners. Any suggestions on the type of exhaust unit and vendor is appreciated.

A used or new forced-air heater fan assembly works really well. They move a lot of air and are made to be whisper quiet.
I use a used one that I got from an old heater that came out of a home. HVAC guys that swap out old ones for new efficient ones toss them in the dumpster all the time. They run on 110vac and typically have three different wiring options to run faster or slower (depending on the particular house needs).

A used or new forced-air heater fan assembly works really well. They move a lot of air and are made to be whisper quiet.
I use a used one that I got from an old heater that came out of a home. HVAC guys that swap out old ones for new efficient ones toss them in the dumpster all the time. They run on 110vac and typically have three different wiring options to run faster or slower (depending on the particular house needs).

Ty for the response. Are you talking about the in-line fans that push heated or cooled air? The kind used in 6, 8, or 10" forced air systems?

Ty for the response. Are you talking about the in-line fans that push heated or cooled air? The kind used in 6, 8, or 10" forced air systems?

Nope, the squirrel fans that are in forced air systems.

I use one of these it moves a lot of air. They are also designed to handle moisture.

400 cfm is not that much air movement.
Average home forced air heaters are 1200 CFM. The duct work is galvanized and the motor is outside of the plenum, so there really is no down side to using one.
I've had one in service for my anodizing line for years, and it handles more moisture than my brewery (not to mention sulfuric acid fumes).
Fear not... the forced air fans work great, and can be found for free.

Latest posts

Back