Vendor Rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New supporting member (and new brewer here).

I have no equipment so will be making quite a few
purchases over the course of time.

I'm in near full agreement with your post EXEPT,
I expect if a website allows me to order it, then it
better be in stock. I don't accept emails stating
"sorry, out of stock" as a substitute. If it's
out-of-stock then the website/business needs
to disable being able to add any out-of-stock
items to your cart!

I am crossing this vendor off my list.

morebeer Concord is one of my LHBS.

They are ok, but they definitely could use some better management or something. They are helpful whenever I have been in there, but it's more of a college student job type of place.

I find NB's prices to be high, but it is good to know they have pale chocolate.

They can make up for it with promotions, though, from time to time. My friends and I are moving into mini-mash, then all-grain. NB's all-grain 2-cooler-with-valves-and-false-bottom package is roughly $60-65 more expensive than if I were to build the same thing with parts from Home Depot (assuming shipping and sales tax, and assuming I will still have to buy the false bottom from NB if I get the rest of the parts at Home Depot). I know, because I priced it out today, part by part. But, they have a deal this weekend where they'll give you a free Brix refractometer with the cooler system, and that normally costs about $60. So it works out if they run a promo on something you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back