Using peach concentrate. Does this add to alchohol?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulshine

Reaction score
So I am doing a Dogfish Peche clone and in the secondary I plan on adding 3 lbs of peach concentrate.
(1) Will this add to the alcohol by a few pts?
(2)How long should I leave in the secondary with the peach concentrate?
(3)I just dump the can in right? Nothing special to do?

Thanks for any tips!

1. If the concentrate has sugars in it, then they will ferment out adding to the ABV

2. Until it's done.

3. You could heat it up to 180+ for a couple minutes, but I'd probably just dump it in.

Any idea how to figure out how much ABV is added with the addition of the peach. Teh beer will be around 3.8% w/o the peach. Should it just add a couple pts..say maybe pushing it to 4.5% or something?

from what I've read I take my OG and reading after primary.
For me that is 1.040 - 1.010 = ~3.9%.
From what I read I now add my 3 lbs of peach concentrate (which contains my 110 grams of sugar). Give it a day or so and take a new reading. And then at end of secondary a final reading and add that alcohol to the 3.9%.
At least that's what I've read...Just hoping this doesn't push the alcohol up to high. For ONCE I am trying to not push the envelope on the ABV.

from what I've read I take my OG and reading after primary.
For me that is 1.040 - 1.010 = ~3.9%.
From what I read I now add my 3 lbs of peach concentrate (which contains my 110 grams of sugar). Give it a day or so and take a new reading. And then at end of secondary a final reading and add that alcohol to the 3.9%.
At least that's what I've read...Just hoping this doesn't push the alcohol up to high. For ONCE I am trying to not push the envelope on the ABV.

Sugar weight divided by must volume. Which is to say, if you have 110g's of sugar (3.8oz) and you have a 5gal batch, thats .74 oz per gallon, or roughly 0.42% ABV

Check an SG / BRIX conversion chart to see how much it will raise your abv. As long as you know the OG and the sugar weight added, you can calculate based of off FG just how much ABV you have.

(Hydrometer Chart - http://www.homebrewit.com/hydrometer-basics-for-home-brewing-and-wine-making )

Back