Using Corny Keg in Commercial Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadway

Reaction score
I'm brewing a 5 gallon batch for a friend's wedding. I would like to put it in one of my ball lock corny kegs and then somehow hook it up to the Kegerator at the bar of the wedding site. I assume they will have Sankey couplers.

What's the best way to do this? It seems easy to go from Sankey kegs to ball lock disconnects, but not so easy to go from a ball lock corny to a Sankey set-up.

I obviously can't alter anything on their kegerator. Suggestions?

Get a sanke keg and the adapters to fill it from your corny keg.

Serve your homebrew from the sanke.

The end.

Yeah, I had a feeling that might be the answer. Was hoping not to have to lay down that much cash.

Anyone else have a better suggestion?

I'd ask if they would let you take the Sanke tap off the beer line and attach your ball lock, then reattach their Sanke afterwards. Bring your own co2 tank just to keep it simple.

Other than that, yeah, buy a sixtel.

Last edited:
Buy a keg of your favorite commercial beer and drink it up before the wedding. Fill it with your homebrew, use the adapters, and then return the keg to the retailer after the wedding.

Also, I brewed beer for a friends wedding once. He rented a kegerator and I told him to call the place to see if they had the option of a ball lock setup, which they did for no extra charge. I'd call and talk to the vendor first and see if that is an option.

Buy a keg of your favorite commercial beer and drink it up before the wedding. Fill it with your homebrew, use the adapters, and then return the keg to the retailer after the wedding.

This is pretty brilliant.

Also, I brewed beer for a friends wedding once. He rented a kegerator and I told him to call the place to see if they had the option of a ball lock setup, which they did for no extra charge. I'd call and talk to the vendor first and see if that is an option.

I'll try this. Thanks.

Not sure about in your neck of the woods, but I used to work for a distributor and we'd rent empties occasionally - so it's worth a try.

Agreed, it's worth a shot. Just tell them that you're a homebrewer and what you're hoping to use it for and they might be willing to help you out. A lot of brewers come from a homebrewing background, so they might understand your situation. Good luck!

Back