Using Blichmann Tower of Power PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruversm

Reaction score
Anyone use the Tower of Power PID with the Top Link software?

I seem to only be able to adjust the temp of the PID via the Top Link software and not by the PID itself. I think I may have changed a setting somewhere.

Any suggestions?

I just bought mine yesterday. Still lurking around to get answers prior to trouble. Did you ever figure this out?

I'm surprised someone hasn't written an app or software to make a "prettier" version of this software. I'm not a software guy, but it's just something that is talking to and graphing information from the PID controllers inside the TOP housing.

Link software is fine, but it's extremely utilitarian in form. I have used it once just to see what it was like. I wasn't doing a step mash. So I was really just watching it graph the temps, which gets old since the controller is doing a great job of holding temp.

Honestly, I'm not absent from the brew area for prolonged periods of time to necessitate something that will take the controller through the mash steps for me. So pushing the buttons on the controller itself when my timer indicates that it's time to do so works fine for me. But having something that is nice to look at, that possibly integrated with my other brewing software (or at least looked nice like my brewing software or at least incorporated a brew timer and would allow me to fire up the HLT with about 20 minutes to go in the mash cycle without my having to remember to do so would be an improvement.

I tried to go wireless, but the wonky cable didn't make that an easy, albeit successful, process.

I contacted Blichmann to inquire about if this program would ported for a Mac OS X operating system. The reply? "No, not at this time."

I think they are missing out.

Latest posts

Back