Upstate NY checking in...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supaphly42

Reaction score
Love this forum, lots of great info on here! Definitely an addictive hobby! :mug:

I started back in February with an old Mr. Beer kit from my fiancee (she had bought it for her ex, but they broke up shortly after and she ended up with it, so I finally got it from her, haha). It was pretty old, but I bought new yeast and made a drinkable first batch out of it. I brewed a second batch in it, since she had bought two kits with it. It's in bottles, and should be ready to drink now.

Bought the Midwest groupon, and while that was on its way, found another complete setup locally, haha. So, within a week, I went from being on my 2nd Mr. Beer batch, to having two complete 5 gallon setups, 3 cases of bottles, and a case of flip top bottles. Couple weeks later I bought a used corny keg, and I'll be using that with my existing kegerator parts soon. Also picked up a used 6 gallon better bottle, which I'll be making a batch of wine in sometime this week to be given as one of the favors at my upcoming wedding. :rockin:

Hoping to step up to all grain already. Have a 10 gallon cooler to convert to a mash tun, and will be buying a burner and 10 gallon pot. Loving it, and can't wait to make this next step. Thanks for all the info and help, and happy brewing! :mug:

Wow, sounds like you hit the road running! I just joined this forum and am from the Rochester area. Good luck with your brews. I look forward to reading about your progress.

Thanks, good luck to you as well! I actually got my wine batch started last night, was already bubbling this morning, can't wait to try it!

Thanks. I've got my first two batches of English Pale Ale going. The first will be bottles next week after a wk in primary and 2 wks in secondary. The second batch is a week behind but I am leaving it in primary for three weeks. I can't wait till I get my pipe line going so I can enjoy some of my work while the next batch is fermenting.

What kind of wine are you making?

I just bottled my Irish Red kit from Midwest last night. I have a Riesling bubbling away in primary right now. I opened up the first bottle of my Mr. Beer red while brewing the wine, but it wasn't quite ready yet, so it'll sit a while longer.

I can't do secondary yet, the wine will occupy my better bottle for a while. After that, I'll give it a shot though. Did it seem to work well?

Hi- Welcome to the forum. I am also from upstate NY (live in Buffalo, grew up in Plattsburgh) and started brewing about a year and a half ago. I switched to all grain after about 3 batches and try to brew at least once a month. I have a Vanilla Cream Ale in the secondary right now, I plan on kegging it this weekend. I also plan on brewing a Belgian Wit this weekend.

Awesome, keep up the good work! I lived in Buffalo for about 5 years before recently moving back to Syracuse. Love it out there. I lived within a mile of Flying Bison brewery, KegWorks supplies, and the home brew shop on Sheridan, it was great!

Hey, I know there is a homebrew store in Syracuse...can you help me out? Im currently in the fort drum/watertown area and will be making a trip to syracuse tomorrow and friday...would like to check out any stores in the area. Thanks

Welcome. Greetings from a fellow New Yorker... Batavia area here. I shalt not covet mine brothers 10 gallon brew kettle. I think that's in the Book somewhere.

Back