Upright keezer with taps inside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokewater

Reaction score
Anyone seen this done before. I have plenty of room for kegs below the shelf in this freezer

I am considering putting plywood on the middle shelf and mounting taps to that inside the freezer.
That way no holes need to be drilled in my freezer. Any potential problems y'all might see?

First time kegger here.

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_113154835.jpg
    IMG_20200912_113154835.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 22
I am considering putting plywood on the middle shelf and mounting taps to that inside the freezer.
That way no holes need to be drilled in my freezer. Any potential problems y'all might see?

Other than some energy inefficiency, I don't see any problems with that idea.

There's at least one example on HBT of someone having mounted a handful of faucets through a board attached inside what iirc was a fridge, but no reason a stand-up freezer wouldn't work. Only down-side is repeatedly opening the door may lead to ice build-up...

Cheers!

There's at least one example on HBT of someone having mounted a handful of faucets through a board attached inside what iirc was a fridge, but no reason a stand-up freezer wouldn't work. Only down-side is repeatedly opening the door may lead to ice build-up...

Cheers!

I have it running on an inkbird controller set at 35f now. I get condensation but no ice. It's outside in my carport so real humid air. Probably need to put a heat source in there this winter.

Thanks for the input.

Back