Upgrading to BIAB, need burner suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSwede

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm currently an extract brewer, but in the next couple of months (as long as my wallet can support it) I will be upgrading to a BIAB system. My setup will be a 10gal Blichmann Boilermaker BK and a custom build brew stand with hoist.

SO! I'd like to start buying some things in piecemeal now though and the thing that makes the most sense is a burner! So I need a stand alone propane burner that can boil 8 gallons (future proofing) and that I can take apart and add to a brew stand! At least then I can use the burner until I can put everything else together! I've looked at the SP-50, SQ-10, SP-1 and the SQ-14, but which one would be the most efficient for BIAB? And which burner could be removed easiest for mounting on my brew stand?

SQ-14 is a great burner. Not as strong as some others but plenty of heat for brewing. Mounting should be fairly straightforward.

I use an sq-14 for biab all the time. The only modification I have made is the addition of some lovely tinfoil for a wind screen. I am building a larger automated biab unit now, and I intend to stick with the sq-14 burner. It is compact, powerful, and easy to work with.

Awesome! That'll be the burner I pick up then! Thanks for the feedback!

Latest posts

Back