Union Pacific 844 Steam Engine Visited My House Today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonsbeer

Reaction score
We share a property line with the Union Pacific railroad. Earlier in the year my boys saw the 844 drive right by the house. I was pissed because I missed it. I was at work.

This morning just after I woke up I could hear a train whistle a few miles away. Looked out the window and saw a steam ploom coming towards us. I was in luck. The 844 pulled into town and backed in on the wye tracks next to my house. They were turning it around. They stopped right behind my house and waited for clearance to proceed. Pretty f'ing cool. There must have been 100 people stading on the nearby overpass to catch a glimpse.

844_2-56397.jpg

844_1-56396.jpg

That is pretty f'ing cool.

But I was hoping for a story about a run-a-way locomotive crashing through the bedroom while you were having marital relations.

Glad you're okay all the same.

i work at a railcar maintenance yard (tankers) and we had a steam locomotive...maybe that one... drive by a few months ago for a museam week at UP nest door... people were waiting onthe overpass for hours cuz it broke down along the rroute

Wow! She's a beauty! I love those things. I live fairly close to the Strasburg RR, so I go there when I need a dose of coal and steam.

That is pretty f'ing cool.

But I was hoping for a story about a run-a-way locomotive crashing through the bedroom while you were having marital relations.

Glad you're okay all the same.

Hehehe, that would be a beleivable story, except for the relations part...been married 10 years now. Things slow down.

Back