Under the skirt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killinger

Reaction score
My step dad gave me his like-new turkey fryer a few weeks ago. The burner stand is one of those made for the pot in the kit, round, with three small rails (for lack of a better term) coming up from the deck to ring the base of the pot. My keggle burner is showing its age, and I thought I'd test fit it on the new stand.

The keg is slightly wider than the stand, but the skirt actually clears the rails, and the bottom of the keg rests on the rails themselves--kind of like a wok sits in its burner. I didn't fill it up, but it seemed pretty stable. I chickened out and reverted to my aging burner for last weekend's brew. Wise?

Is anyone running a set-up like this? Is it safe? Opinions?

Thanks,

Put the keg on the burner and fill it up with water. Try rocking it around and see how stable it feels. Unless you're completely hammered you should be able to decide if its safe enough for brewing.

Back