Ultratap Seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a lead on where to get replacement seals for the Ultratap. The seal that connects the faucet to the shank on one of mine has torn and I cant find a retailer that ships to the US. Anyone know what size oring it is?

Just an FYI for anyone searching.

I ordered the above seals from MoreBeer and I can confirm that the seal will fit and works without leaks on the Intertap, Ultratap and the Perlick faucets, as expected, since we assume the Shank connection is universal. I happen to have all three on my current draft wall when I was deciding which faucet to buy.

Left - Ultratap
Middle - Intertap
Right - Perlick

Draft Faucets.jpg

Hi @Mike Howard I'm curious how the ultratap compares to perlick and intertap. My setup has two of each but I really like the bronze finish option on the ultratap and I'm thinking about switching all four to that.

dsc03655.jpg

Just an FYI for anyone searching.

I ordered the above seals from MoreBeer and I can confirm that the seal will fit and works without leaks on the Intertap, Ultratap and the Perlick faucets, as expected, since we assume the Shank connection is universal. I happen to have all three on my current draft wall when I was deciding which faucet to buy.

Left - Ultratap
Middle - Intertap
Right - Perlick

View attachment 759102

Im kinda curious as to which you ultimately chose and why.

@Jayjay1976 The Ultratap is more similar to the Intertap and pours about the same. I always get a nice, full stream out of the faucet. I wouldn't be concerned that there were any differences that stand out between those two. I'm less happy with the Perlick, but it is used as our Stout tap and I like the option to restrict the flow...really the only reason I left that on our tap wall.

@Knightshade All three taps are pretty equal IMO, although I don't like the feel of the Perlick when opening/closing, it just feels like its never really opened or closed and it is soft. Also, on lesser carbonated products, the Perlick tends to dribble and not always have a complete stream. Its hard to explain but it almost pours like a donut, pours a stream around the outside with a center hole...I don't like the look of the beer when its pouring (personal preference). The Intertap has the best open/close feel and actually feels like it clicks into place. It's also the widest faucet and necks down to the spout fairly quickly, whereas the Ultratap and the Perlick seem to be less agressive (can't say whether or not the internal structure is like that though). I am not using any self closing springs on any of these, so manually closing is a must and again the Intertap feels the best in that regard, followed by the Ultratap.

Ultimately I chose the Ultratap for these reasons:
  • It isn't highly polished, which better matches our Stainless Steel draft wall. The Intertap is highly polished, the most of the three, Perlick is right behind that followed by the Ultratap. All are polished and all are the SS 304 versions, but I just felt the Ultratap matched better.
  • It has the removable spout, like the Intertap, Perlick did not.
  • It poured well for every product I ran thorugh it. Perlick did not and struggled to produce a nice even flow. Intertap poured well, but a few products produced more foam.
  • I was purchasing a lot of parts and it made sense to get everything in one order from one supplier.

The Intertap and the Ultratap are comparable faucets and I wouldn't hesitate to use either one of them interchangeably. The choice really comes down to peronal preference of look and feel. I'm not sold on Perlick, but that is just my opinion and in no way reflects upon the quality of the product.

Latest posts

Back